Duck

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
It's a nice mooring yes and we need to keep using it as some would like to get it taken away methinks. Couple of slightly irritating natives living in the residences adjacent.

Close the gate quietly ! And why have they put such noisy mooring rings there? They are the loudest ones I have ever come across on the whole of the River with Kingston bargewalk being the other noisy ones but they are not feet from someone's apartment.

Scapegoat

Visit site
It's a nice mooring yes and we need to keep using it as some would like to get it taken away methinks. Couple of slightly irritating natives living in the residences adjacent.

Close the gate quietly ! And why have they put such noisy mooring rings there? They are the loudest ones I have ever come across on the whole of the River with Kingston bargewalk being the other noisy ones but they are not feet from someone's apartment.
Interestingly, it is no longer included on the EA list of short term moorings so presumably DE are not responsible for it. (must check out the signage there).

Slightly redundant anyway as the chap in the ground floor apartment closest to Cote does sterling work managing the mooring and restrictions

Mark26

Visit site
It is still an EA 24hr mooring site but isn’t included in the where to moor scheme.

To outinthedingy: I use it often because I’m too tight to pay for mooring ?, in spite of the many comments to the contrary on the forum, I’ve never had any problems or complaints from residents, but then I don’t make any noise.

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
It is still an EA 24hr mooring site but isn’t included in the where to moor scheme.

To outinthedingy: I use it often because I’m too tight to pay for mooring ?, in spite of the many comments to the contrary on the forum, I’ve never had any problems or complaints from residents, but then I don’t make any noise.
That's interesting. I have used it a few times and never had any complaints either because I make no noise however on two occasions one of the locals has immediately asked how long I was staying as soon as I had tied the boat up.

Intriguing that it is not included in the DE moorings I wonder why that is.

Scapegoat

Visit site

It’s not currently listed on the main website as a mooring location at all Short Stay Moorings . Good to know it’s still an EA site in practice

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
That's intrriguing. I wonder if it actually is privately owned and not EA land.

If it was EA land then I can't understand why it is not part of the DE setup. Are there other EA moorings which are not included in the DE enforcement scheme?

Makes me think it might be private land with some sort of agreement including an access agreement for users of Thames registered vessels or something like that. Perhaps a condition of the original planning permission?

Not sure when the flats there were built does anyone remember what was there before ?

Scapegoat

Visit site
So presumably not EA owned then ?

Interesting. Must be a written agreement somewhere me thinks.

I've never really thought about it but assume that EA owned structures don't need the blue and silver aluminium plate on them. Maybe they do. Not sure actually.
I don’t know for sure but suspect that it is privately owned land with a public right of way across/public right of mooring (administered by the EA)

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
I'm pretty certain that everything above the bridge was/is Eton College. Eton Excelsior had an Edwardian Boathouse between the bridge and the weir. Wether it was in the exact same location as the berth in discussion, I could not say.

Looks like you are right.
From Wikipedia article about Eton Excelsior rowing club:

Boathouse
The club’s original boat house was in King Stable Street in Eton, Berkshire, close to Windsor Bridge. The site was leased from Eton College for 150 years but in the mid-1990s, the College decided to build on the site and the club had to find a new home.

---

So that mooring probably belongs to Eton college then, with some sort of agreement with the EA.