Dredger nearly in Hamford Water

CalicoJack

Visit site
I spotted on AIS that the dredger Sospan Dau was working in the enterance to Hamford Water today. I understand that it was dredging, but what was I trying to do. Was it the entrance to the Walton Channel or the channel from Pyle End?

nortada

Visit site
I spotted on AIS that the dredger Sospan Dau was working in the enterance to Hamford Water today. I understand that it was dredging, but what was I trying to do. Was it the entrance to the Walton Channel or the channel from Pyle End?
Slight advantage, I live overlooking Stone Point so can visually confirm that operations have started. Will provide updates as they become apparent.

Today Sospan Dau was just stationary, north west of Stone Point in Hamford Water.

Last edited:

tillergirl

Visit site

CalicoJack

Visit site
Opps, my memory it’s like a ………….you know one of those things that you strain vegetables in? I had read that and promptly forgotten about it. Thanks for the prompt.

LONG_KEELER

Visit site
Slight advantage, I live overlooking Stone Point so can visually confirm that operations have started. Will provide updates as they become apparent.

Today Sospan Dau was just stationary, north west of Stone Point in Hamford Water.
Seeing that you are close by, would you mind digging out Stone Creek during the winter ?

It would be nice to have a short cut again. You have plenty of time . I won't need it until April next year.

nortada

Visit site
Progress report:- Spoil continues to be dumped off Horsey Island every high tide. The vessel concerned departs about HW + 1hr 15 mins. Guard vessel in attendance.

nortada

Visit site
Now dumping in Hamford Water has finished it will be interesting to see any changes around Stone Point (especially after any winter storms.

I appreciate there are not many visitors at this time of the year but I will keep my ear to the ground with the local community and provide any feedback.

LONG_KEELER

Visit site
Now dumping in Hamford Water has finished it will be interesting to see any changes around Stone Point (especially after any winter storms.

I appreciate there are not many visitors at this time of the year but I will keep my ear to the ground with the local community and provide any feedback.
Plum has reported that he is in Hamford Water at the moment.
Perhaps he could nip over and find out. :)

Plum

Visit site
Plum has reported that he is in Hamford Water at the moment.
Perhaps he could nip over and find out. :)
On Sunday 7th Nov there was no dredger. When I arrived at 0900.There was an unmanned workboat and a long legth of dredging hose both moored just inside Hamford Water. Other than some more sand between the line of barges and the island there was little obvious change, although I was not there at low water. I was the only other craft there. The only thing of note was that I only saw two seals!

Www.solocoastalsailing.co.uk

tillergirl

Visit site
The workboat is off Clacton at the moment, Sospan, anchored off Sales Point. Perhaps the workboat is towing the pipe at the moment ('5.6kts?). They are gonna miss the tide this lunchtime.