Dredger leaves Watchet!

Sneds

Visit site
We spent a night there a few weeks ago, stayed afloat, just!
Was good to go back, a bit pricey for one night though.
Mind you, being Portishead based I am used to staying in Cardiff for free!

Capt Popeye

Visit site
Hi been looking arround for a Mooring thats accesable from /by using a pontoon ; passed bt Watchet the other day , it would appear that the Watchet berths have Pontoon access ; am I right in that deduction (from pics) ; might I ask any Watchet Berth Holders how they get on with that Harbour , like access , costings , waiyjong lists , etc etc Car parking availablity etc ; so any comment most welcome indeed ;

Alsolooked at the Weston Super Mare hasrbour /moorings whilst in the area ; appeared to be quite exposed there ; also looks like a wide range of Tides there

Any comment gratefully recieved

PCUK

Visit site
Watchet is a full service marina with secure pontoon access, car parking and all normal facilities. Annual berth is £268 per metre. Only know because I looked the other day to get a price for my berth next year. Look on the Marine Group website for full details.

Last edited:

SaltIre

Visit site
Watchet is a full service marina with secure pontoon access, car parking and all normal facilities. Annual berth is £268 per metre. Only know because I looked the other day to get a price for my berth next year. Look on the Marne Group website for full details.
The Marne Group appears to be a construction company in India. :unsure:
Edit: A typo - you mean Marine Group.(y)

Last edited:

Capt Popeye

Visit site
Watchet is a full service marina with secure pontoon access, car parking and all normal facilities. Annual berth is £268 per metre. Only know because I looked the other day to get a price for my berth next year. Look on the Marne Group website for full details.

Ahoy there Mr PCUK thank you for that info ; am now onto it ; thanks CP

Brentwales

Visit site
Hi been looking arround for a Mooring thats accesable from /by using a pontoon ; passed bt Watchet the other day , it would appear that the Watchet berths have Pontoon access ; am I right in that deduction (from pics) ; might I ask any Watchet Berth Holders how they get on with that Harbour , like access , costings , waiyjong lists , etc etc Car parking availablity etc ; so any comment most welcome indeed ;

Alsolooked at the Weston Super Mare hasrbour /moorings whilst in the area ; appeared to be quite exposed there ; also looks like a wide range of Tides there

Any comment gratefully recieved

If you can dry out, then you can stop at Weston, most of the moorings belong to fishing/work boats. But you're right, it is exposed and not somewhere I'd want to leave my boat unattended.

Weston yacht club has a visitor pontoon but it dries over a steep mud bank which can be awkward getting alongside. Burnham on Sea also has visitor pontoon, a bit more accessible for coming alongside but you should have good awareness of the channel for approach before attempting.

Capt Popeye

Visit site
Whilst on about Watchet and Weston moorings I noticed that the Uphill Boat Yard now appears as the Camping and Caravaning choice for that area complete with a Lake

Anyone know whats happened to the Uphill Boatyard ; when I last visited it appeared to be a Works in Progress Boat Yard with self build and self DIY all around ; whats happened , understand that it changed ownership and been Upgraded ; if so is the Boat Moorings possition any good, guess the moorings there are in a more shelterd location than Weston, so thats a Plus ?
Thank you CP

PCUK

Visit site
The moorings are well sheltered but at low water the pontoons look very rickety. I understand security is OK as there are several liveaboards in residence. Seems a good DIY oriented place. And fairly cheap too.

Brentwales

Visit site
The Boat Yard at uphill is under new owners and they are great. They are investing in the yard and campsite with a new boat lift recently purchased. They are due to improve the pontoons but understand this work has been delayed due to Covid. Outside of the yard, there is common ground where there are a load of old boats and boats being worked on, but this is nothing to do with Uphill Boat Yard.

Uphill is probably accessible 1.5 hours either side of high water if you have shallow draft unless a spring tide.

rawley

Visit site
Went into Watchet last week (first time in a couple of years). Much better and could actually get on a pontoon, where we could not previously. We did get temporarily stuck in the mud (as we snuck in just as the flap came down). Waiting 20 mins before lifting off. No drama. We've left the boat down there for the week. The Marina staff were very helpful. I was quizzing them about the dredger - they confirmed that it was off for repair but will be coming back soon to continue with the programme (I did rib them about that's what the previous bloke said). It's obviously still work in progress but looking positive.

Gwylan

Visit site
Whilst on about Watchet and Weston moorings I noticed that the Uphill Boat Yard now appears as the Camping and Caravaning choice for that area complete with a Lake

Anyone know whats happened to the Uphill Boatyard ; when I last visited it appeared to be a Works in Progress Boat Yard with self build and self DIY all around ; whats happened , understand that it changed ownership and been Upgraded ; if so is the Boat Moorings possition any good, guess the moorings there are in a more shelterd location than Weston, so thats a Plus ?
Thank you CP
It remains the repository for shattered dreams that it was.
The campervan site is neat and tidy, but.