Downburst

AntarcticPilot

www.cooperandyau.co.uk
I know climate change is happening, but I rather think that if that starts happening in the Solent, the danger of being being caught in it in one's boat would be the least of our worries. Item number 1,452 on my "this is why I like living where I do" list
Earthquakes have no connection with climate change, I'm pleased to say! But when I read this, my first thought was that if I were on a yacht and experienced an earthquake, I'd head to sea not to a marina. Tsunamis (earthquake waves in water) are unnoticeable in deep water; they are very long wavelength. It's only when they hit shallow water they they're devastating.

johnalison

Visit site
Earthquakes have no connection with climate change, I'm pleased to say! But when I read this, my first thought was that if I were on a yacht and experienced an earthquake, I'd head to sea not to a marina. Tsunamis (earthquake waves in water) are unnoticeable in deep water; they are very long wavelength. It's only when they hit shallow water they they're devastating.
I believe that there was a ship just offshore when the Valparaiso earthquake of 1906 occurred. Those on board were astonished to watch the city crumble into nothing in front of their eyes.

DownWest

Visit site
Slight damage to the sunshade, will buff out in no time. Slightly more tricky to turn it over.... Which cat owners usually tell us is an advantage.