Do I need a passport to go on a cruise?

awol

Visit site
Sh*t happens at sea and you could divert to maybe France. Be prepared as it is a foreign country just like Belgium Holland an all the others. Including Southern Ireland, sort of! The Passport is also a good way to ensure passengers are Identifiable. No emergency contacts on Bus passes or Driving Licences
So on that basis all those Englanders that brave the English Channel could find themselves blown into La Manche and should carry passports, Carte de Séjour, etc. just in case.

RichardS

N/A
Visit site
Nope. Your assumption that it referred to cruises starting external to the UK was presumptious. Passports are required for all cruises, well MSC and Olsen anyway, that start in and include only UK ports.
Hardly presumptuous when the quoted text says "Return to the UK" and on a UK cruise one would never have left the UK so would be unable to return to it.

I just searched Olson and no passport required: Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines makes it even easier to enjoy an ‘Around UK’ getaway

Richard

awol

Visit site
Hardly presumptuous when the quoted text says "Return to the UK" and on a UK cruise one would never have left the UK so would be unable to return to it.

I just searched Olson and no passport required: Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines makes it even easier to enjoy an ‘Around UK’ getaway

Richard
"Since a proportion of the UK population does not hold either a valid passport or photo card driving licence, Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines has amended its policy to widen the appeal of an 'Around UK' cruise, to include anyone who can produce other acceptable forms of photographic identification at Check-in. "
They must have been following this thread!

Bilgediver

Visit site
So on that basis all those Englanders that brave the English Channel could find themselves blown into La Manche and should carry passports, Carte de Séjour, etc. just in case.

Might save some hassle when the Gendarme come aboard with Immigration asking where the Yellow Flag is :)