Divide & "Conquer"?

janie

Visit site
Posts rejected on BYM

Actually, jmr is wrong about only one person's posts being wiped. Although there was an initial apology when my first post was wiped and then reinstated, subsequent postings have not been allowed! Nothing controversial in any of them. C'est la vie!

nickbailhache

Visit site
Re: Perhaps people are spending more time sailing.

I also always keep a log. I also jot down my hourly positions on the chart on my rhumb line. One has to keep one's hand in and know what a chart looks like. It becomes more difficult to read them as time goes on.

G

Re: Posts rejected on BYM

janie - do you remember the threats that were made against Marian on this board? In effect, a vendetta. Well, the wrecker wasn't joking. There have been sustained attempts at disruption, both of the magazine and the forum. In the early days of the BYM forum there were constant attempts to sink it. The software permits the blocking of posts from certain ISPs and, for a very short time, this facility was used to try to block the wrecker. Unfortunately one or two legitimate posters got blocked too because their IP was similar to one of the many used by this person. This was quickly realised and the blocks removed. If there had not been a sustained effort to remove these posts, then the forum would quickly have been wrecked just as SB was. Marian is an individual, working on her own, with the help of a couple of friends. She has a living to earn. She does not have the resources of a big commercial group and it is hardly surprising that there were one or problems while she tried to fight the same battle that Kim and Karl have fought here. There is nothing sinister in it, just ordinary people struggling to deal with a very difficult and distressing situation. There could have been no possible reason deliberately to exclude your posts. Fortunately the wrecker seems to have turned his or her attention elsewhere, or may now be posting as a normal contributor (in which case, he or she has been made welcome) If you decided to contribute to the BYM forum, you would have no difficulty.

janie

Visit site

I know all this! Perhaps you need to check your facts before you say that I can post! It doesn't seem possible to email people direct any more, or I'd do so, but have no wish to bore everyone else.

G

Did check, janie. I don't know why you have had e mail problems (so have I recently) but it is perfectly possible for you to post and I gather you have already done so.

Visit site
You\'re going to have to spell it out to me....

as to "slagging off" & "hurl(ing) gratuitous and vicious personal insults" .

I think that most people find the lack of "New Posts2 a bit inconvenient.

If you are referring to my little quip about Marian's forum then I would suggest that Marian is big enough to take that in the vein in which it was meant.

Steve Cronin

G

Re: You\'re going to have to spell it out to me....

I find the choice of being able to see anything new which has been posted in a specific time frame e.g the last 24 hours a really brilliant facility - particulary as you can see everything from across the 'rooms' so clearly. A lot easier than simply being given a NEW count but having to search down to find them
Suzanne

BOBBIN

Visit site
Co\'r you will be useing Fendersox next!

Hi Chris, hope civility doesn't mean that we can't indulge in the odd good humoured joust!

Visit site
Now that we have both I agree...

but when i posted the original we had to look manually (is that the correct term in a virtual world)

Steve Cronin

Visit site
Yuo believe that it\'s better without people like\"?

Nigel Charlesworth, Bill Cooper & Charles Reid do you?

Enjoy your brave new world.

Steve Cronin

cynthia

Visit site
been here before??

Come on folks - isn't it about time we stopped this wrangling? Feel like I've been through this thread on many a BB. Don't particularly want to be in any 'set', just enjoy being here (well most of the time!)
Cynth