Discounts for berthing during lockdown?

hoped4

Visit site
I understand D Marin in Lefkas is offering bertholders coming out of contract who are stuck due to lockdown a 25% discount on fees for the duration of Covid 19 as owners can’t move their boats. Has anyone seen/had any other offers ?- hoping to use it as a negotiating argument as we are stuck (in the water) at another marina, obviously can’t move and don’t want to be paying peak season rates all summer!

nortada

Visit site
I understand D Marin in Lefkas is offering bertholders coming out of contract who are stuck due to lockdown a 25% discount on fees for the duration of Covid 19 as owners can’t move their boats. Has anyone seen/had any other offers ?- hoping to use it as a negotiating argument as we are stuck (in the water) at another marina, obviously can’t move and don’t want to be paying peak season rates all summer!

Hope, as you are currently in Greece, possibly not to your advantage but for others further west - understand Lagos, Portugal is offering berth-holders, stuck in the marina by the lock-in, a deal which gets around paying the summer months’ high season rates.

The marina may offer a similar deal to any yachts arriving at Lagos, who had been allowed initial access and permission to stay.

Access and staying may be authorised if a vessel can satisfy quarantine requirements. Immigration (Lagos) would rule on initial access so for any who wants to try it, suggest the first step would be a phone call to the marina, who could take it up with the immigration folk, who are in the same building. I would be very interested to hear the ruling.

Another option would be to haul out in the Sopromar, (the local boat-yard) from mid-Jun to mid-Sep and pay their rates but this would mean living on board on the hard or finding accommodation ashore that would be an additional expense.

You would still have to clear entry to Lagos with immigration.

My dealings with immigration over the past few weeks have confirmed they are adopting a very reasonable attitude to boat movements during the state of emergency, which will last in Portugal until at least 17Apr 20.

As an aside, currently Lagos, Vila do Bispo (to the west) and Aljezur (to the north) Municipalities have not reported any cases of Covid19 and with a resident population of 1/2 a million, to date, The Algarve has had only 164 cases reported and 4 deaths (all very elderly) - long may it last??

Up at this time❓

Not forecast, a bloody big storm with 40kt gusts has just blown into town so lines to be checked - living aboard at it’s best‼️??

Last edited:

sailaboutvic

Visit site
If you can get onto the med Sailing site you find many marinas are making different offers with discount from 20 to 30% as long as the crisis last .
We just been offered the winter rate 30% discount until it's all over .
It seen most are playing ball although there one marina in Sardinia if you can believe what was written because as we know people post all sort of crap that have increased there fees from €2.650,00 to €3.920,00, which seems stupid if they have in these time.
Best advise would be if your in a liveaboard marina would be as a group try and negotiate a rate .

nortada

Visit site
If you can get onto the med Sailing site you find many marinas are making different offers with discount from 20 to 30% as long as the crisis last .
We just been offered the winter rate 30% discount until it's all over .
It seen most are playing ball although there one marina in Sardinia if you can believe what was written because as we know people post all sort of crap that have increased there fees from €2.650,00 to €3.920,00, which seems stupid if they have in these time.
Best advise would be if your in a liveaboard marina would be as a group try and negotiate a rate .

Vic,

Thanks for the good advice but we will remain in the Atlantic - even if it is in a rising gale - sure knows how to blow out here at 8W.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
THanks VIC. Which is the ‘med sailing’ site you refer to please? just trying Tom get a sense of what is being offered ...........”Hoped4” seems all too apt at moment !!!
Most liveaboard marinas in the med have their own FB page some you can join, other like our you need to be in the marina to join , i.e. They ask name of boat and pontoon .
you can also join the Med sailing FB site mostly for cruisers in the Med but member can invite you . There a lot of info from people who's been cruisers for a long time in the Med .
I have a net work of about 130 cruiser We met over the years which we keep in touch with by email now spead not only over the Med but the world and in times like this we can find out what's going on from reliable cruisers and not hearsay , I rather believe what we tell each other then what written in posting , so if a posting conflict with what a cruise I personally know who is there at the time I tend to believe them .
Also most of the reports you see on noonsite come from cruisers as myself and many of our friends .
Every day there seen to be reports of marinas given some kind of offers .
Hope you get something sorted out .