DISAPPOINTED with PRINCESS

shan

Visit site
Princess could at least have given an answer, IMHO. Getting no response is mostly frustrating...
Is that email address even current? Was it typed in incorrectly. Did it go to junk mail? So many different permutations of what could have happened. I honestly don't know why people can't simply pick up the phone.

D

Deleted User YDKXO

I honestly don't know why people can't simply pick up the phone.

Probably because 'picking up the phone' to any sizeable organisation these days goes something like this

1. First you have to listen to a long rambling message about how due to Covid the organisation is experiencing 'staff shortages' and an 'unprecedented level of demand' and therefore you may have to wait for your call to be answered
  2. Then you have to listen to another long rambling message about how your call is being recorded for 'training and monitoring purposes' and if you dont want your call to be recorded you should contact their complaints dept in Lagos, Nigeria
  3. And then you get to the menu where you have to listen to a choice of about 35 different button combinations for various individual depts. By the time you've got to the end of this list you've forgotten what the early numbers were so you have to listen again and then probably again and then maybe even again because you dont have the memory capacity of an elephant
  4. And then finally you choose a button combination and you key it in
  5. And then you get a vomitworthy recorded message about how brilliant, successful and customer facing the organisation is. This will take several minutes
  6. And then praise the Lord somebody who sounds like a sentient human being will pick up the phone. He or she will then ask you a series of questions about your age, date of birth, postcode, address, mother's maiden name, inside leg measurement, allergies, medications you are on and whether your bowel movements are regular
  7. And finally he or she will ask you who you wish to speak to. You tell them without trying to sound too rude and exasperated because you know that this person could just cut off your call and you would have to go through the whole interminable process again
  8. So he or she puts you through to the extension of the person you are hoping to speak to
  9. And then nothing. Just silence. This goes on for several minutes whilst you pray you havent been cut off
  10. Then eventually the same person answers and tells you that the person you want to speak to must be on a break/dealing with another customer/on holiday/ no longer with the company/dead

And this is why people send emails. Personally I usually lose the will to live somewhere between 5 and 7 in the above process

shan

Visit site
Probably because 'picking up the phone' to any sizeable organisation these days goes something like this

1. First you have to listen to a long rambling message about how due to Covid the organisation is experiencing 'staff shortages' and an 'unprecedented level of demand' and therefore you may have to wait for your call to be answered
  2. Then you have to listen to another long rambling message about how your call is being recorded for 'training and monitoring purposes' and if you dont want your call to be recorded you should contact their complaints dept in Lagos, Nigeria
  3. And then you get to the menu where you have to listen to a choice of about 35 different button combinations for various individual depts. By the time you've got to the end of this list you've forgotten what the early numbers were so you have to listen again and then probably again and then maybe even again because you dont have the memory capacity of an elephant
  5. And then you get a vomitworthy recorded message about how brilliant, successful and customer facing the organisation is. This will take several minutes
  6. And then praise the Lord somebody who sounds like a sentient human being will pick up the phone. He or she will then ask you a series of questions about your age, date of birth, postcode, address, mother's maiden name, inside leg measurement, allergies, medications you are on and whether your bowel movements are regular
  7. And finally he or she will ask you who you wish to speak to. You tell them without trying to sound too rude and exasperated because you know that this person could just cut off your call and you would have to go through the whole interminable process again
  8. So he or she puts you through to the extension of the person you are hoping to speak to
  9. And then nothing. Just silence. This goes on for several minutes whilst you pray you havent been cut off
  10. Then eventually the same person answers and tells you that the person you want to speak to must be on a break/dealing with another customer/on holiday/ no longer with the company/dead

And this is why people send emails. Personally I usually lose the will to live somewhere between 5 and 7 in the above process
I have been through it several times but if you're not getting an email response and you're determined not to pick up the phone, then twitter is your next best bet.

Hurricane

Visit site

You missed the bit where they say "Your call is important to us"
It is a bit like the statement people say (usually in a meeting) when they reply to a comment - "With Respect ..........."
Actually, they mean the opposite.

D

Deleted User YDKXO

I have been through it several times but if you're not getting an email response and you're determined not to pick up the phone, then twitter is your next best bet.

Twatter is for teenagers not grown ups?

John100156

Visit site
Is that email address even current? Was it typed in incorrectly. Did it go to junk mail? So many different permutations of what could have happened. I honestly don't know why people can't simply pick up the phone.

Email address given to me by Princess Spares and cut and pasted, so I would reasonably expect it to be correct.....

I am manic at work, and trust me I mean manic during normal working hours in the week, and work most evenings, so tend to rely on emails. Retire end of this year....! I could probably find the number to contact them on, but am happy with help from others for now, so will try those locations first. I may give them a call though before I leave if I can find the best number/contact - any advice welcome!

John100156

Visit site
In general I agree, but try complaining about a specific company, naming names, and you'll get a far quicker response than calling or emailing.

Mmmmm Not sure, I would rather seek advice of this kind first via an email, and then the Forum and I also resurrected my Facebook account one evening (hate it, but hey-ho) and joined the Princess Owners Club Forum;, some useful guidance given, similar to that given by Alan (ASM) #21 above, much appreciated.

shan

Visit site
Email address given to me by Princess Spares and cut and pasted, so I would reasonably expect it to be correct.....

I am manic at work, and trust me I mean manic during normal working hours in the week, and work most evenings, so tend to rely on emails. Retire end of this year....! I could probably find the number to contact them on, but am happy with help from others for now, so will try those locations first. I may give them a call though before I leave if I can find the best number/contact - any advice welcome!
Honestly, try Twitter - it gets results pretty quickly!

Aardee

Visit site
Mmmmm Not sure, I would rather seek advice of this kind first via an email, and then the Forum and I also resurrected my Facebook account one evening (hate it, but hey-ho) and joined the Princess Owners Club Forum;, some useful guidance given, similar to that given by Alan (ASM) #21 above, much appreciated.

If email worked so well this thread wouldn't exist...;-)

John100156

Visit site
Are you suggesting emails do not work? Not sure about that, my experience is that they do. They have with Sealine and Fairline in the past.

After no response via email(s) from Princess and alerting others to that fact, and posted up on this Forum, it seems I may have achieved my objective.... some very useful and positive responses from some, much appreciated! All seems to work very well....... :D

PowerYachtBlog

www.poweryachtblog.com

So true. So much about PR and University degrees and all this and then in today's society you get this....
We really are not getting what we seed....
It was nice when you could get the phone have Norberto answering the phone and him going down to Croatia to fix your boat.
BTW this story happened a couple of times for real.

But saying all this criticizing a company for a 20 year old boat with that title is exagerated.

Last edited:

Portofino

Visit site
I have had both ends .
Contacted Ferretti for a part for the Itama and got basically the corporate BS side of customer service .

Long story short eventually after suffering every step Mike wrote got “ we only go back to when took over anyhow .and your boat predates this and we have no records anyhow can’t help “

E mailed the old factory in Roma .PYB on here kindly put me on to them from the Itama FB group .

XL yachts they do refurbs of older Itama and recreations called XL yachts .
Instant e mail back by the Norbert Ferretti equivalent guy “ how can I help “

It was for the upholstery cockpit seating , the exact material......you know what is it ? Who if any one still makes it ?
They gave the supplier details a family firm still going in Venice ,

Another example I needed a new electro ram for the saloon table .....again one e mail to Roma XL yachts yard and by return the supplier based in Genoa and within 24 hrs ( DHL ) I had one ,Quite interesting that one following the tracking .
Picked up Genoa 15.30 , courier to Milan , plane to Paris that night .Early hrs another plane to Marseille, then another to Nice then out in the van for del to the Marina office from the airport .Arrived at the boat 12.00 noon .

Irony is Greta was in the news telling us “ it’s all your fault , you should be ashamed you have destroyed it for us the next generation ” blah blah etc .Next day we actually drove past the industrial area near Genoa , it’s just off the autostrada. Could have dropped in if I knew ? .Sorry Greta .