Dick Durham...doublespeak or two DD's??

johndf

Visit site
Dick Durham...doublespeak or two DD\'s??

Having had time to digest this month's YM, I was a little puzzled as to Dick Durham's activities desribed in two sections. First there is his article on crewing in the Fastnet Race, very readable, but apparently an alien experience to Dick Durham, who is purported to be an out and out cruising man. Interestingly, he wears corporate oilskins, not his own.

Interestingly, because on page 96, we have 'Aigle Coastal on test'. Who tested the Aigle Coastal - none other than a certain DD, whose picture looks remarkably like our friend Dick Durham. This test involved 'a full season's offshore racing and ... long haul cruising'.

So either Dick Durham has a lookalike with initials DD, who enjoys racing and cruising, or perhaps Dick Durham wasn't so new to racing as the Fastnet article suggests. Can anyone throw any light on this mystery?

G

Re: Dick Durham...doublespeak or two DD\'s??

Try asking the man himself!

G

And the oik used to write for the bleedin Star !

But he writes well and I have a soft spot for the knave.

He is perhaps the only 'Teddy Boy' sailor going and has a touch of the 'coarse' yottie' which is essential if you inhabit the East Coast.

durham123

Visit site
Re: Dick Durham...doublespeak or two DD\'s??

Dear Sir,

Well spotted! Unfortunately I was told I could not wear my nice new Aigles on the Fastnet as the corporate image required by the sponsors was yellow - and as you will have seen mine are grey.

Dick Durham