Devil is in details

andlauer

Visit site
Bonjour
At THE shipchandler at Quenns Ann Battery in Plymouth (he made a discount for the JC's!) I bought a cigar-lighter socket. In the pre-start rush I had no time to test it.
Once offshore without wind, in the Ireland high!, I had time to improve the wirring and....
I discovered that there are two different standards in this type of sockets. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Of course it was the wrong one !
I had a great laugh /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif and enjoyed myself for the next half an hour just imagining the /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif request for an exchange from the middle of no-where.
I succeed in adapting the socket with my saw ! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Amicalement
Eric

CPD

Visit site
Eric, Just discovered I may have the same problem. If we have different styles, how about we solve both our problems and swap !!!
/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Jake

N/A
www.jkcartoons.co.uk
Picked up a brand new RIB one day for a trip to the West Country. All seemed fine - engine started, all kit was aboard, plenty of fuel. Waved goodbye, set off - and found that the wheel had been connected back to front!
Steer to port, and the RIB went to starboard. Too late to take it back (supplier has shut shop and gone home) so had to do the entire trip with the steering reversed.

Never concentrated so much in my life.

So - moral of the story - check every system before leaving the harbour! (With the exception of the liferaft, but few come back and complain if that doesn't work...)

Also, we had a safety demo one day, where boaters were invited to bring their lifejackets and 'try them in anger' in a heated pool.

Two didn't go off - one had a spent cylinder, and the other had come unscrewed!

I've been wearing that jacket religiously all season!' one of the skippers said.

It's the details that will get you, Eric - but one good thing about singlehanders is that they are used to thinking on their feet, and improvising!

andlauer

Visit site
Bonjour
While I was preparing the Jester my mecanical engineer went on bankrupcy and, off cours, my engine had problems (high temperature alarm...) . /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
I had no time to find another one so I did the work myself.
Once refited, I run the engine nicely for a while and then sailed for the Morlaix harbour lock. While I was arriving to the door the engine stopped. I entered the lock on inertia. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
During the time the lock was emtying , I had to diagnose and to repair. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I had forgotten to re-open the fuel tank and the engine run out of fuel. With a diesel engine, you must refil all the pipes, the injector...!. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

When the lower door opened the engine restarted and I sail out. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif It was a nice start for a round Britanny training in February.
Eric /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
PS : I had an apointment the next day in "Port la Foret" to change the rigging!
/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif