DEPKA No more.....

Cariadco

Visit site
On 19.03.2020 on the Greek Goverment Gazette a new law was issued discarding the use of DEPKA.
There is no need to have one and there is no need to validate it once per year.
The obligation is that always on board the skipper (for most of you, the owner) must keep a crew list. There is no need to validate anywhere the crew list. Only to be updated by you guys, with the names of the persons with you on the boat.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
On 19.03.2020 on the Greek Goverment Gazette a new law was issued discarding the use of DEPKA.
There is no need to have one and there is no need to validate it once per year.
The obligation is that always on board the skipper (for most of you, the owner) must keep a crew list. There is no need to validate anywhere the crew list. Only to be updated by you guys, with the names of the persons with you on the boat.
Have you seen what Chris posted on the other thread ?
There seen to be a miss communication some where .

wwalsh

Visit site
It is N.4676/2020 (Government Gazette / ΦΕΚ A 67 - 19.03.2020 Άρθρο / Article 68)
with validity 1 month after 19.03.2020 and possibility for postponing for an additional month by decision of the Minister of Shipping.

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Have you seen what Chris posted on the other thread ?
There seen to be a miss communication some where .
Its correct - just had my email notification through, too late top beat you to it!!!
Στη Βουλή το νομοσχέδιο του υπουργείου Ναυτιλίας για τις θαλάσσιες ενδομεταφορές και το Λιμενικό
Near the end.
So 19th April will be the date - I cant see that the minister would want to delay by another month.

Attached is a version of the Crew list which will comply with the Greeks requirements. I suspect that if you are stopped for a check up, this is part of their regulations against the Migration problem they have.... Crew lists have been a requirement for ever, nut no-one bothered. The requirement is now formal with joining /leaving ports all to be signed by the skipper.

No bloody:mad: sailing....

Attachments

• Crew list Mark 3 ver 4.pdf
    330.6 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

Chris_Robb

Visit site
The CA was being quite careful with the Scrapping of the DEKPA as only 3 days ago a member has had to buy a new one! 50 Euros wasted!
I had assumed that the weight of the Corona Virus would prevent this more mundane stuff being dealt with. Luckily, I was wrong!

It is Good News that it is now done.

We now have to work on rationalising the Transit Log, as this is a very old bit of Pre Vat legislation..... We hope it will just be recorded on the E-TEPAI for those with VAT paid yachts.

FirstAway

Visit site
Chris, thanks for the copy of the crew list but I wonder could you define for me who is crew and who is a passenger please, I am thinking in terms of myself and my better half - the normal “crew “ of our boat, and of friends or family who may be temporarily on board as visitors?

Tony Cross

Visit site
Chris, thanks for the copy of the crew list but I wonder could you define for me who is crew and who is a passenger please, I am thinking in terms of myself and my better half - the normal “crew “ of our boat, and of friends or family who may be temporarily on board as visitors?
Personally I would list everyone as crew. If you list people as passengers they may suspect you are illegally operating a commercial vessel. :)

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Guys, I don't know the definitive answer. The test will be if it gets past the Vathin Port Police!

My own take is that primarily Crew is paid and Others - ie passengers - are not.

But I will clarify this - especially as the Greeks have made it an important part of the legislation.

Re, mistaking for charter, this is another angle I have trying to clarify - is for example, my son takes the boat over, as happened last year when I disappeared off the hospital, I had got my son registered on the DEKPA as a user - which has always been the thing one should do. Now that is no more, so there are questions to be answered - again which are already with them. They initially suggested you edit the name in liable person in the E-TEPAI and print it out - however, I am not sure you can edit it, and frankly that would be gross misuse of a computer system. I have said that is not right and please let us know what we should do. I have stated that we all want to help stamp out illegal chartering, so tell us what to do to help. Remember that a ligit charter boat is registered on the profession ship register and has papers to say.

I gather reading the preamble to the DEKPA suit of legislation, that the Port Police would now be given access to the E-TEPAI records. a software change will be necessary, to allow layers of access to implement this securely which I doubt the software has at this point......

I will not contact them on this until we start sailing again - I really don't want to be asking them unnecessary questions at the moment.

De.windhoos

Visit site
Guys, I don't know the definitive answer. The test will be if it gets past the Vathin Port Police!

My own take is that primarily Crew is paid and Others - ie passengers - are not.

But I will clarify this - especially as the Greeks have made it an important part of the legislation.
Isn't it normally the other way around? The crew being the normal people onboard and passengers are people that pay to be onboard? At least that's how I always fill in crew lists, and I've never had any comments in Greece or Turkey about it.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Isn't it normally the other way around? The crew being the normal people onboard and passengers are people that pay to be onboard? At least that's how I always fill in crew lists, and I've never had any comments in Greece or Turkey about it.
I also think that's the case , I always add my partner as crew .

V1701

Visit site
Whenever I tried to get one after they changed the rules they'd always run out them anyway. I ended up with a letter written by the Porto Cheli port police in Greek (what else would it be written in) which I think said something along the lines of "he's been in to try to get one but we'd run out so he's good to go"...:)