Definitive (probably) plan

Visit site
18th 5PM , at the little stone jetty, Harowslack. 54.359145,-2.94149
Food wise, Mostly BBQing, there will be some spare BBQ space available if its tricky to bring one. Ill be bringing some ‘chips n dips’ and a cake, both to share around. If other people can do similar, great, if not, no worries.
Can’t wait for the 18th, looking forward to see you all there!
Matt
stonejettie.jpg

Lakesailor

Visit site
Knicking a mooring probably a bit tricky as many empty buoys will have returning sailors after tea.
Anchoring just there should be OK. Rocky/clay bottom without any laid moorings close by. It's seems fairly deep as the shallows at the tip of Belle Isle visible on Google Earth are those buoyed for safety, but it looks quite deep near the jetty. The jetty is really rough and only suitable for tender landing really. In reality the beach is a better landing for small boats.

The Windermere Cruising Association may be on the shore that day as well, if they have decided yet, but there's plenty of room and they promise not to be snobby. Most of their boats are on moorings nearby so they travel mainly by tender.

Harrowslack.jpg

aquaplane

www.utilitywarehouse.co.uk
Last W/E we spent a night on a visitor mooring at the North end of the bay on the West coast of Belle Isle South of the Lillies. It's the bay with 3 boats in next to the Belle Isle label in the top pic. There are 2 visitors mooings there. Having said that I'll probably anchor off.

I had a pootle round watching the depth sounder too, it does seem fairly deep water fairly close in so anchoring seemed like a decent option for us, but I only draw 3'.

aquaplane

www.utilitywarehouse.co.uk
Also, thinking about the gazebo thing, we have an old frame tent that we could erect without the inner. I don't know how well it would be recieved by "officialdome" though, I'm pretty sure it's NO CAMPING, but the fishermen get away with a shelter.

pendlecats

Visit site
Looking forward to being there, we will have a few cakes and a gazebo or two (we have a blue one and a green one).

Have no idea yet if we'll be their by boat or car as fixing the trailer is proving slow going.