Deck Options and Advice

Visit site
Hi, Just bought an old 16' Pilot that's in a sorry state. Engine won't turn over, deck rotted and glass is all oxidised. Engine and glass ain't a problem but just wondering what the best option for the deck in one of these little punts would be. Had an 18' Pilot in the past but this 16' doesn't seem to have any depth below whats left of the rotted boards.
Can any other 16' Pilot owners chime in or post pics of their deck. Should I go ply, plank or maybe nidaplast/glass.

PCUK

Visit site
Not particularly for this boat but we always use ply, resin and mat coated on all sides before fitting. Finish off with Dek-King as it lifts the look of even small boats and well worth the small expense if you lay it yourself.

Visit site
Not particularly for this boat but we always use ply, resin and mat coated on all sides before fitting. Finish off with Dek-King as it lifts the look of even small boats and well worth the small expense if you lay it yourself.
I usually soak ply with thinned epoxy when i use it. If i was to go the full glass layup route I think i'd probably spend that extra couple of quid and use nidaplast. Kinda veering towards glassing in the sides and having removable centre panel to get to the stern gear. hope some folks with a pilot 16 can post some pics of their decks for some inspiration. only paid a couple of hundred for the boat so happy spending on it.