Decisions Decisions

oldgit

Visit site
Narrowing things down a bit !
Proper stairs and island bed the Azimut does have 3 bed option.
Azimut 42.
Princess 40.
Princess 420.
Late 1980s to very early 2000s

Which one ? preference for Volvos................... . :)

PlanB

Visit site
What about a Princess 435 - 1988 to 1992. Stairs to flybridge, aft cabin, 2 and 3 cabin versions. Volvos TAMD 61, 63 or 71.
I'm biased - I had one for 16 years.

oldgit

Visit site
What about a Princess 435 - 1988 to 1992. Stairs to flybridge, aft cabin, 2 and 3 cabin versions. Volvos TAMD 61, 63 or 71.
I'm biased - I had one for 16 years.

usually bit underpowered for weight of boat. ?. :(

Last edited:

oldgit

Visit site
Broom 44. let's face it you are old enough!

First of all those net curtains , Tesco homecare meets Elizabethan Brocade interiors and little lampshades.
Arghh......stairs merely to get from saloon to the rather exposed be-tented command bridge and as for the climb from bedroom to the top floor !
Boat not that quick and not that much impressed with roly poly Broom hulls either .:)
Anybody selling a UK based or UK registered boat in the EU. ?

Elessar

Visit site
Narrowing things down a bit !
Proper stairs and island bed the Azimut does have 3 bed option.
Azimut 42.
Princess 40.
Princess 420.
Late 1980s to very early 2000s

Which one ? preference for Volvos................... . :)
Why have you dismissed Sealine 390/410/F43? I loved mine. Especially with 63s (mine had 61s.)

Momac

Visit site
Broom 44. let's face it you are old enough!
I know two couples who have given up their Brooms and bought 35ft single storey boats with relatively level access at the stern and easier access to the oily bits. Both in the last year with access onto/off the Broom and access to the engines due to older age / physical agility related issues being the reason.
So why Brooms are considered old mans boats I don't know.

oldgit

Visit site
So why Brooms are considered old mans boats I don't know.

Certainly not an old mans boat regards the diabolical access getting aboard.
Not a fan of the command bridge concept , virtually all Brooms are worse than that other aft cabin staple the Turbo 36 regards clambering aboard.
Every single Broom or Turbo 36 on our pontoons have some sort of vertiginous contraption constructed to enable the skipper and crew to clamber aboard the boat.
How they do get off at the other end of any trip is a mystery.
What both these boats gain in interior space is negated by the total lack of usable exterior space but at least you can see out on the Broom.

kashurst

Visit site
Certainly not an old mans boat regards the diabolical access getting aboard.
Not a fan of the command bridge concept , virtually all Brooms are worse than that other aft cabin staple the Turbo 36 regards clambering aboard.
Every single Broom or Turbo 36 on our pontoons have some sort of vertiginous contraption constructed to enable the skipper and crew to clamber aboard the boat.
How they do get off at the other end of any trip is a mystery.
What both these boats gain in interior space is negated by the total lack of usable exterior space but at least you can see out on the Broom.
I think we are getting a picture now. So your perfect dream boat is a 1980's Broom, with flock, velvet interior, driven by outdrives.

Dino

Visit site
I love my 80’s Broom but you won’t find any velvet or flock. I do have a brown sink in one of the heads but I can live with that.
Brooms work great inland because most are fairly shallow draft and low airdraft. The aft deck/command bridge is far better protected than a flybridge boat for Irish weather. The only benefit I see to a flybridge boat is the rear access and extra storage in the lazarette.
I recently had a beer on a Princess with a friend and was surprised at the noise in the bow area with a slight bit of chop outside. I have never had that issue in an aft cabin boat.

oldgit

Visit site
I think we are getting a picture now. So your perfect dream boat is a 1980's Broom, with flock, velvet interior, driven by outdrives.

H,mm...be still my beating heart, do you know of one for sale ? :):):)
Mind you what perfect boat to carry out a Viking Funeral apon the demise of Oldgit.
One less set of outdrives to trouble waters the world , returned to the circle of hell from which they came.