Deben entrance shingle

Aquaboy

Visit site
Well...... I came down the Deben this morning at low tide and couldn't find my way out!!Deben entrance.PNGDeben entrance 2.PNG

Had to use Fisherman's cut instead .........several feet of water and some deep holes. More than I was expecting to be honest.

DanTribe

Visit site
Ooh er! We came out of there on Wednesday and remarked how straightforward it seemed this year. Not sure I would fancy the fisherman's shortcut.

Concerto

Visit site
Should have headed over to about 40ft off those rocks to starboard and followed the shore round until you see the green buoy. In the photos you can see a post just to the left of the rocks and the edge of bank is about 20ft further left. Been through twice in each direction this month, so very current advice. Look at East Coast Pilot for the latest chartlet.

Marmalade

Visit site
We went through a couple of weeks ago - although drawing 2m we didn't flirt with low tide!! I must confess, a buoy to steer you around the corner would be reassuring - you have to hope you pick the channel, when you're past the last red-can- on-a-stick

LONG_KEELER

Visit site
Well...... I came down the Deben this morning at low tide and couldn't find my way out!!View attachment 117161View attachment 117162

Had to use Fisherman's cut instead .........several feet of water and some deep holes. More than I was expecting to be honest.
Often thought of using Fisherman's Cut but chickened out every time. And you have done it near low water. Fantastic.?

Jan Harber

Visit site
Here is what John White had to say after the Knoll buoys were positioned earlier this year:

"...the bar has moved to the south and to the west. This means that when leaving the river you have no sight of the buoyage until you are well down past the rocks on the west side. There is a beacon on the beach about 100 yds past the last of the rocks and there is a shallow patch of about 1 metre LW Springs when you get abreast of that. You may then head for the Mid Knoll buoy passing it on its correct side."

It certainly seems that exiting the river is now potentially more difficult than entering. Maybe best not to attempt leaving at LW!

Visit site
Well...... I came down the Deben this morning at low tide and couldn't find my way out!!View attachment 117161View attachment 117162

I think there is a good reason why it is recommended not to navigate the entrance below half tide!

jaydee1976

Visit site
and stay close to the bouys as its shallow in places
and be aware if you go through lodders cut up by woodbridge DO NOT go over the island as you will get stuck as someone found out last week