Days lock/Thame moorings/Fleur de Lys

ianc1200

Visit site
The Friends of Dorchester and Liitle Wittenham Open Spaces are saying paid and secure moorings will be available next year when arrangements will be in place for RinGo payment. Haven't a clue what that means though.

TrueBlue

Visit site
RinGo has little to do witk a pop star but smacks more of the dreaded District Enforcement establishment.
If course I know nothing - pure speculation, you understand
A quick Google shows that the company / whatever is RingGo based in Hampshire - a long way from "our friends" at DE - but what has distance to do with anything nowadays??

Last edited:

Old Crusty

Visit site
RinGo has little to do witk a pop star but smacks more of the dreaded District Enforcement establishment.
If course I know nothing - pure speculation, you understand
A quick Google shows that the company / whatever is RingGo based in Hampshire - a long way from "our friends" at DE - but what has distance to do with anything nowadays??

If only you were wrong ... RingGo | The UK's No 1 Parking App | Download Now and its so convenient to pay via your phone (or the tiny chip in your arm if you had a flu jab recently).

TrueBlue

Visit site
If only you were wrong ... RingGo | The UK's No 1 Parking App | Download Now and its so convenient to pay via your phone (or the tiny chip in your arm if you had a flu jab recently).
In terms of loadsa' web pages (cheap layout - just throw in lots of slogans and large sized test) with all sorts of claims ) they certainly outdo the other mob!

From my own antedeluvian viewpoint, I only carry a basic mobile phone on the boat - and that's for emergencies and good-old-fashioned speech contact if I have to (for anything else I use a laptop which is switched on (mebe) when we stop for the day). Thus the increasing use of android mobile phones to do about anything is a complete pain in the glutimus maximus.

DWT

Visit site
In terms of loadsa' web pages (cheap layout - just throw in lots of slogans and large sized test) with all sorts of claims ) they certainly outdo the other mob!

From my own antedeluvian viewpoint, I only carry a basic mobile phone on the boat - and that's for emergencies and good-old-fashioned speech contact if I have to (for anything else I use a laptop which is switched on (mebe) when we stop for the day). Thus the increasing use of android mobile phones to do about anything is a complete pain in the glutimus maximus.
I use Ringgo for parking as it’s simple and convenient, no messing around with coins and tickets falling off the window. I always assumed that they were just a convenient way of paying and were not involved in enforcement, but that may be wrong.

TrueBlue

Visit site
You may well be right - we live out in the sticks where there are plenty of free parking places, thus only occasionally need to fiddle around with cash.
Mebe it's the bad vibes that hang around District Enforcement (note the tone of their trading name) tha makes me hostile and the fact that boat moorings are not like car parks - where the boundaries are clear. On the Thames the extent of the moorings is not clear especially if those who disagree with the 'arrangement' may have removed some or all of the signs. DE's website is not the best and the extent of the moorings can be inaccurate at best.