Data bundle for occasional use

dutyhog

Visit site
I’ve kept a very old Nokia phone (6021) and have a Asda SIM in it. Asda now uses the Vodafone network, and is handy when there’s no O2 signal for giffgaff. 4p buys a text, 10Mb of data or 1 minute voice call. Credit last for ever but you need to make at least 1 call or text every 180 days. So it doesn’t need to cost me more than 8p a year. Asda staff are much easier to deal with than Vodafone’s.

I’ve another old Nokia (5800) with a 1p SIM. It uses EE’s network for 1p per minute, text or Mb but you have to buy £10 credit every 4 months. It’s only worth having for me because EE is the only signal in many places I go to and I have had the car breakdown in remote spots.

Last edited:

penberth3

Visit site
I’ve kept a very old Nokia phone (6021) and have a Asda SIM in it. Asda now uses the Vodafone network, and is handy when there’s no O2 signal for giffgaff. 4p buys a text, 10Mb of data or 1 minute voice call. Credit last for ever but you need to make at least 1 call or text every 180 days. So it doesn’t need to cost me more than 8p a year. Asda staff are much easier to deal with than Vodafone’s.

I've got into the habit of making a short call on the first of the month with my spare phone. Something easy to remember!