Dart 15 hulls for dinghy cruising trimaran!

Visit site
Recently had the chance of acquiring two Dart 15 hulls. I'm thinking of a project to use these as the amas on a dinghy cruising trimaran. Just wondered what ideas or plans there were out there for a main hull and rig. I'm thinking that a relatively small, but easily handled rig would suit, and wondered whether a plywood build or even an old dinghy hull would fit the bill.

Any ideas?

TernVI

Visit site
Just go cruising using the Dart 15.
I think it would be quite versatile.
Adding a 3rd, bigger hull in the middle is going to be heavy and need a lot of structure which will mean something that's hard work on the beach.
Dinghy cruing, you turn up places and may need to get the boat in and out of the water.

Bajansailor

Visit site
Here is an interesting post on the Boat Design Forum in the USA re a trimaran with 'secondhand' floats (or amas).
Oldmulti is an Aussie, and a veritable sailing encyclopaedia of multihull theory, design and sailing practice.
Bookmark Page 1 for future reference, and anytime you are bored, have a browse - there are almost 1,900 posts, most by Oldmulti, and all well worth reading.
There is an index somewhere, and there are many more posts about other trimarans like what 2 Hulls is proposing.

Multihull Structure Thoughts