Danfoss ATC Stat and central heating onboard

cygnusv

www.best-camping-stoves.com
All I want is a pipe stat to switch on at 45C and turn off again below 45C. The Danfoss I' m playing with is totally ignoring what I'm trying to do!

All I want to achieve is this. I'm using solid fuel to run 3 radiators and a 55 litre calorifer. There are no electronics, just a continuous flow of water around the 3 radiators. It really works well too. My problem is to switch a zone valve to open at 45c and feed the calorifier. I thought the Danfoss would do it. Unfortunately it"s doing nothing. I've connected a live to common and the other to NO. Set the the stat to about 50c and let it do its thing. Unfortunately it's not.

Any advice from someone who knows about these things would be more than helpful. Local plumbers don't want to know, it being a boat... Thanks in advance

Daverw

Visit site
Which danfoss stat is it, some have a dead band setting which can confuse, danfoss stats are normally very reliable when finally set up,
have you checked to see if you have any power on the NC terminal just in case it’s working NO on temp down

Last edited:

cygnusv

www.best-camping-stoves.com
Thanks for the replies. I'm moving the stat over this weekend to make it more convenient to get at. I'll take note of the actual model or number and post it as soon as I can.
It was a real shame yesterday. Outside temperature was very low, but the water in the heating system hot. Sadly nothing going to calorifier.