DAB Aerial ( radio )

KevinT1

Visit site
I’m replacing the in cabin ( car ) CD Radio as the old Sony one has died and have bought a Kenwood KMR-M506DAB is mech less ( no CD ) but has FM, MW, LW and DAB radio and can stream from my iPad via Bluetooth and direct from a USB stick. it’s a “marine” version which has the electronics conformal coated to prevent corrosion. So far so good.

but it doesn’t come with a DAB aerial ( the car version comes with one that glues inside the windscreen ).

Any suggestions on a suitable DAB Aerial - ideally I would like an discrete internal one that doesn’t have to be up the mast

thx, Kevin

Rafiki

Visit site
I have more or less the same DAB radio onboard, and guess what I use................ an aerial that glues on to the inside of a cabin window. Works perfectly!

KevinT1

Visit site
I have my eyes on one of these for when I fit my DAB unit. Has anyone else used one of these?

Digital Radio (DAB) & AM/FM Active Splitter & Amplifier
I saw those type of splitters, but I also read reviews on Amazon that they didn’t work if there was an amplifier in the aerial circuit.

I already have a splitter as part of the Raymarine AIS setup that uses the VHF aerial, so it would be useful to hear if anybody else has already tried these Active Splitters ?

KevinT1

Visit site
I have more or less the same DAB radio onboard, and guess what I use................ an aerial that glues on to the inside of a cabin window. Works perfectly!
Thanks ! This may be the cheapest solution

1. Where have you earthed it ?
2. are you a Sailing Yacht or Motor ?
As a Sailing Yacht, I only have ( relatively ) small port lights in the Saloon and was thinking of mounting / sticking the aerial to the underside of the deck ( in a cupboard ), but wonder if the metal Genoa track and stanchions / guard rails above may affect the reception.

JOHNPEET

Visit site
I saw those type of splitters, but I also read reviews on Amazon that they didn’t work if there was an amplifier in the aerial circuit.

I already have a splitter as part of the Raymarine AIS setup that uses the VHF aerial, so it would be useful to hear if anybody else has already tried these Active Splitters ?
Yes, they’re for use with a stand alone passive antenna only.