D-Day allied fleet

CRECY

Visit site
Im after any photographs and first hand experances of people in any sea-borne craft at the Normandy beeches on the 6th June 1964 for inclusion in a new book. Must have information by 1st January.

Also general photographs of any craft about at the time off the beaches.

Can anyone help?

<hr width=100% size=1>

ParaHandy

Visit site
i know the yanks generally turn up late to these occasioons but 1964 .... would pics of auntie doris and uncle sid on the beach be ok?

<hr width=100% size=1>

tcm

Visit site
Re: 1964 boat

we'd have to be qwite old for 1st hand experience of the d-day landings these days eh? But not so old for 1964. I do remeber my dearest wife directing me around the town of Dunkirk, further up the coast, looking for the "old town", stopping occassionally and asking people for directions. All were bewildered, and with a tear in her eye one old lady explained that since the war there simply wasn't an "old town" at all in Dunkirk. Swmbo scoffed and rejected the information, pressing on with stopping more people, each of whom tried to explain the lack of oldness in Dunkirk. But swmbo had been there, in the market, so they were just wrong wrong wrong. We had a coffee in a bar...where she suddenly remebered that the old town she remebered was in Deauville...

nice pic of 1964 boat

1964-winner.jpg

<hr width=100% size=1>

trev

Visit site
I went into Dunkirk on a Port Line cargo liner ('Port Wyndham') in 1964. Don't think it ws 6th June though. And there was no sign of any allied troops - think they left some time before.

<hr width=100% size=1>Trev