Czone digital switching to Raymarine AXIOM configuration - who can I ask to do this?

picardy

Visit site
Hi

I want to buy an AXIOm Plotter with CZone (by Mastervolt) digital switching but can anyone recommend someone who has the skills and kit needed to configure a CZone digital switching system to a Raymarine AXIOM MFD or me, save the details to a graphics card etc etc?

Ideally based in south west but not too worried about posting it if needed.

Many thanks

PaulRainbow

Visit site
Hi

I want to buy an AXIOm Plotter with CZone (by Mastervolt) digital switching but can anyone recommend someone who has the skills and kit needed to configure a CZone digital switching system to a Raymarine AXIOM MFD or me, save the details to a graphics card etc etc?

Ideally based in south west but not too worried about posting it if needed.

Many thanks

Have a word with someone at Fisher Panda, they are the UK distributor for C Zone.

PaulRainbow

Visit site
I should also say, there is another option for digital switching that's just been launched by the Carling company, Maretron, called mPower. It looks very interesting, i've been doing some training with them and will shortly be setting some systems up on my own boat for evaluation purposes. Not trying to sell you anything, but it's certainly worth a look:

Maretron - MPower - Digital Switching

PaulRainbow

Visit site
Thanks Paul - does that integrate into AXIOM to allow for controls from the MFD?

It's all fairly new, so new MFDs are being added as they come out, not sure what the state of play is with various Axiom models, so check that the model you're thinking of would work with it. The latest Garmin MFDs work with mPower and i think a Garmin system is better than Raymarine anyway, but that's just my opinion.

Havendienst.nl

Visit site
I can config/program the CZone and Axiom (Plus) MFD for you, it isn't that hard. That said: It ain't programming at all, more configurating.

The problem is that if you want a nice Graphical interface on the Raymarine MFD, you need the "Raymarine Czone graphical tool" which I don't have :( It isn't licensed, but they are very picky with who they give access to it. So if someone has a copy ;) I'll configure and make a nice graphics (photoshop) interface for FREE!

If you don't have the graphical tool, I think there are two options:
1. Just connect the CZone equipment (after you configured it with the CZone Configuration Tool, which is a free tool to download) and the Raymarine will 'detect' the Czone system and automatically add a new page, which just has switches,. not really graphical.
2. Edit the config files yourself using something like Notepad, I am currently investigating this. It's pretty readable code with coordinates, links to logos, etc.

alohajeff

Visit site
To properly program an AXIOM for use with a CZone device and take advantage of the features that the Raymarine Graphics Tool can offer requires additional hardware. More specifically the Simrad ST10 SimNet Programming Tool Kit and Simrad SimNet Product to NMEA 2000 Network Adapter Cable . This is the less expensive hardware option that allows you to configure CZone devices via CZone software using a Windows PC. Once the CZone devices are configured properly you can download the ZCF configuration file and load it into the Raymarine Graphics software. From there it's pretty straightforward. Custom switch images are fairly easy to create or modify which allows for a very custom look on the MFD.

I'm running an Axiom 7 in my Sanger 24XS and it allows me to control the outputs on my CZone Contact 6 Plus. The primary "dashboard" screen on the Axiom is setup to display engine data that is sent via an Actisense EMU-1. The same screen has touch buttons that allow me to control four CZone outputs for the basics like the bilge blower, bilge pump, navigation lights and interior lights. As has been mentioned getting the Raymarine Grapihics software is usually the hardest part of the process. Fortunately I was able to solve that courtesy of a very nice nameless person at Raymarine that took pity on my situation.

Aloha

alohajeff

Visit site
Here's an older picture of what the screen displays. I've since tweaked it to make it easier to separate the data from the background but it gives you an idea of what can be accomplished using the right software and hardware.

Aloha

Havendienst.nl

Visit site
Hi @alohajeff

I recently programmed an CZone device for use with the AXIOM. You can buy the 'official' CZone programming kit but as you said, the Simrad ST10 SimNet Programming Tool Kit is the same and will do. You can program it with the (free) CZone Favorites Tool (can be downloaded from the CZone website).
As soon as you connect the CZone device to your AXIOM it will detect a new digital switching device and will add the buttons to a new Tab on the AXIOM automatically.

However, to make things even look better :) you'll probbaly want a background image with your boat Layout (top view or side view) and place the buttons and any other parameters on the right places on that background.
For this you'll need the Raymarine Graphic Tool, which is not publicly available for download :(

alohajeff

Visit site
@Havendienst.nl --- Apparently I don't have sufficient permissions to send you a PM. And the attachment I tried to include does not appear to be displayed either. Feel free to send me an email. It's my YBW username followed by @gmail.com

Aloha

KompetentKrew

Visit site
I should also say, there is another option for digital switching that's just been launched by the Carling company, Maretron, called mPower. It looks very interesting, i've been doing some training with them and will shortly be setting some systems up on my own boat for evaluation purposes. Not trying to sell you anything, but it's certainly worth a look:

Maretron - MPower - Digital Switching
The revival of this thread has piqued my interest in these kind of products - may I ask if you've had a chance to evaluate the mPower units yet please, @PaulRainbow?

Why might one choose mPower over CZone?

PaulRainbow

Visit site
The revival of this thread has piqued my interest in these kind of products - may I ask if you've had a chance to evaluate the mPower units yet please, @PaulRainbow?

Why might one choose mPower over CZone?

Unfortunately, i haven't had a chance to set anything up yet, it's been an extremely busy time and i've just not had any spare time.

civettaOL

Visit site
(I am a programmer specialized on BUS devices, like NMEA2000, KNX and CZONE, please send me a PM.)
I came across this thread while searching for an answer to my issue…maybe @Havendienst.nl can help? I have an issue with my Czone Mastervolt Bridge Interface which apparently I misconfigured on the CZone config tool. Now I cannot see what is going on in the MasterBus and hence not see my battery data at all. Any tips on how I can reset/configure the bridge? Thanks in advance for your input
Currently I am stuck in Germany due to this issue (experts are not interested in solving my problem) and really want to leave for warmer coasts…

Havendienst.nl

Visit site
Hi @civettaOL

Currently I am sailing in Greece and have a very bad 4G connection. I don’t know what is messed up, but i’m sure we can fix it together. We can do a teamviewer session at the 15th of October or later (then I’m back) or when you are in the neighbourhood of Poros, Hydra orAthena before the 15th.

civettaOL

Visit site
@Havendienst.nl thanks for your offer - thankfully I could solve the issue by a reset (unfortunately only possible by authorized dealers) and readjust my configuration. my learning is to adjust the masterbus system first and then handle the interface with Czone to assure the battery management system works just fine.

MissTeak

Visit site
Hi, I'm in the process of completely refitting my Grand Banks 42 Europa. Alle new gizmo's (3 axioms, Mastervolt Lithium including CZone WI bridge to all other masterbus equipment). Got everything on the CZone side working like a charm now (love the iPad interfase and the customization possibilities!). Now for the Raymarine side. I have everything connected to the NMEA2000 network and all parts are visible on each side. I guess you can feel the question I'm about to ask... Anyone here that can spare a copy of the Raymarine graphics tool? Tnx!