Cruise video. Felixstowe Ferry to the Blackwater August 2020

pks1702

Visit site
Very nice watch.

Just the thing for a cold winters night, we can dream about warmer weather and being able to use boats.

UncleAlbert

Visit site
What an excellent video. Many thanks for sharing especially the Tollesbury bit. I used to sail ( badly ) a Merlin Rocket out off of Tollesbury Hard and the wind always seemed to be on the nose in order to get down the creek and all those big posh yachts did not seem to understand how difficult it was to tack up the creek and gave little room or patience to poor me (I was sailing single handed , mostly as I spent a lot of time IN rather than ON the water). I had little understanding of how tight is was for those posh yachts. This video has dispelled over 25 years of thinking I was always in the right Ta for that.
Cant wait to get out there again this year.

Uncle

Johnah

Visit site
Thanks Uncle Albert, it's not easy for the large yachts or the small ones, especially as the marina boats all seem to come out of, or arrive at Tollesbury at the same time.

Don't know if you noticed that just before the lightship, Zara strayed a few metres off the centre-line and was stuck in the mud! With a bit of jiggling she came free, but it's a very narrow and windy ditch isn't it.

John