Crossing plans

fireball

Visit site
Well - I'm predictable at least ... same plan for the last few years ... :)

My aim is to leave Chichester Harbour between 0500 and 0530 on Friday - headed for Cherbourg.

Of course, if it turns out to be a SW then I might make a few changes ...

bedouin

Visit site
Choice to two depending on weather and crew:

(a) Leave Chi late 22:00 - 24:00 Thursday aiming to be off St Vaast around 15:00 Friday

(b) Leave Chi 05:00-07:00 Friday and head straight for Cherbourg

Pinnacle

Visit site
It is my understanding that Sailfree is going to include departure ports/times in the Excel schedule he is compiling, so we are all going to get a complete picture ( assuming of course everyone does as he has asked and gives him the information! ). :)

fireball

Visit site
yup - but some peeps might like to change/alter their plans if they know what others are - so why not discuss it here ... ? Afterall - we might have to motor the whole way ...

Pinnacle

Visit site
Fair enuf....we plan to leave Gosport at 05:00 on Friday - straight to C'bourg.

We have a tank full of fuel......:D

fireball

Visit site
oooOOOOooo..... er yes please as I think we might be a tad weeded again - despite a mid season scrub ... :(

Pinnacle

Visit site
Not the transom.....but this is the state of weed growth on the 31st August 2010....

:D:D:D

Last edited:

Chrissie

Visit site
Black Pearl should be setting off 5am Friday morning from Gosport, hoping to exchange mobile or radio details with some of you guys. Don't want to feel completely on our own as you all pass us sailing off into the horizon

fireball

Visit site
Don't worry - you won't be by yourself - sounds like there's going to be a small armarda of us going across around that time ...

Mobile contacts will be on an email from Sailfree - VHF channel ... who wants to pick one?

Sans Bateau

Visit site
Might be fair little 'ol fleet heading south on Friday morning then, we will be leaving Chi around the same time as you gents.