Croatia

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Vic , you must be wonderful fisherman , you keep dangling bait and lures in front of us .
Bob you seeing problems that's not there , you buy a six month cruising permit in Croatia spend your 90 days and just before it runs out apply for an extend three months visa , as long as you fit their requirements their no reason you won't get it.
Your on a boat cruising and traveling , not looking for work, how do you think other people do it.

This applies to everyone who may be reading this , you now have to find a way around the problem we all got , it's not going to fall into your laps .
You can no long move around the EU without some kind of plain .

As for me bing a fishing man Bob I can't catch fish to save my life although the other year I did catch five tunas in one day , I can only say we must had sailed through the serval thousands tunas for that to happen .

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
Hi Vic that's not the problem it the lockdown and shortage of crew . Obviously Turkey is a good option , but once there again you are trapped by the Greeks not allowing boat back .

The other is at this time of year how again short handed do you go around the capes of the Peloponnese and up to Albania without calling in somewhere ..14 day quarantine , and the Sam 90 day stay problem.
I have been here since September ,with my British car , it looks like trouble for me if caught .
Then we all have the Vaccine problem , without being registered no jab in Greece
Fly home quarantine and stuck in UK until 21st June
How do we get vaccination passport if cannot get back to UK .

Lots of smallish problems ,but , rolled up the become large .

I confess being alone for months does not make your thinking clear .
There's maybye an easy way out but at the moment ,I can't see it.....

Should have come to Sicily when I had the chance F...... Greek bureaucracy !!

sailaboutvic

Visit site
@rtboss Bob you have several problems mate I not got the answer to them all .
Yes Sicily would had been a very good option and where I suggested at the time would had suited you well it wasn't a bad price there is a very good mix community plus you would had got good tips way that would suit you for the coming season .
But hey that was then this is now .

I suppose you could put your boat on the hard and has you got a British reg car which seen you number one problem add to that your concern and stress that you going to be in the EU when you need to be out ,
maybe your first should think about driving back to the UK , I'm not 100% sure maybe someone will tell you but as far as I know you can still travel back to your own country .
Yes when you get back you got another set of problems like quarantine and when you are going to be able to get back to the boat,
but two of the problems that stressing you out right now is sorted.

Good luck mate , I do wish you all the best, but Bob stress your self out and maybe making your self ill isn't the answer .

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
The car is not a problem ,I can hide it in a friend's boat yard .He a mechanic plenty of people wanting Mercedes 2006 E 270 diesel estates for parts if it comes to it. ,Or leave it a couple of months when I get back !

I see the problem of the 90 days as the biggest and the lack of crew to move the boat.
Is Sicily still open for visiting boats ,but then ,the winter deals are finished.

Then the transit log for 3rd country boats .
The E tepai as I am in the water .
No receipt for being here on 31-12 -20. Vat problem

Just need to get away and with one bound I will be free.
I have 4 weeks to sort it out ,there plenty of people asking to come on Crewbay.
That would be a easy trip to Boddrum ..
If they will let me in .ha ha .

Irish Rover

Visit site
The car is not a problem ,I can hide it in a friend's boat yard .He a mechanic plenty of people wanting Mercedes 2006 E 270 diesel estates for parts if it comes to it. ,Or leave it a couple of months when I get back !

I see the problem of the 90 days as the biggest and the lack of crew to move the boat.
Is Sicily still open for visiting boats ,but then ,the winter deals are finished.

Then the transit log for 3rd country boats .
The E tepai as I am in the water .
No receipt for being here on 31-12 -20. Vat problem

Just need to get away and with one bound I will be free.
I have 4 weeks to sort it out ,there plenty of people asking to come on Crewbay.
That would be a easy trip to Boddrum ..
If they will let me in .ha ha .
Definitely no problem getting in to Turkey. My advice would be to book a marina, in advance, for a couple of nights and let them take care of all the formalities for you. You need an agent to do the check-in anyway and the marinas will quote you in advance for everything whereas some of the agents try to milk it once they get you in their grasp.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Definitely no problem getting in to Turkey. My advice would be to book a marina, in advance, for a couple of nights and let them take care of all the formalities for you. You need an agent to do the check-in anyway and the marinas will quote you in advance for everything whereas some of the agents try to milk it once they get you in their grasp.
Great suggestion

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
Yes I see this as my only way at the moment. Then a trip to Malta or Sicilly later in the year .

Irish Rover

Visit site
Yes I see this as my only way at the moment. Then a trip to Malta or Sicilly later in the year .
If I can offer any advice re Turkey let me know. I'd love to welcome you to Kuşadası but there's no free or cheap mooring around here and not great anchorages. Setur marina is the only option and not cheap. Bodrum is possibly your best bet. A couple of marinas to choose from for the first couple of days, cheaper town ports like Bitez and Gumbet nearby where you can also anchor off free of charge or some place like Gümüşlük where you can anchor free in excellent shelter and a short row to the village. Bodrum is also an excellent starting point to explore Gokova Bay and the Datça peninsula.

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
Hello
I am tight and mean ,not poor and broke :cool: If you can find out roughly cost for a 14.2 m mono for a week ,it would be interesting .I did stay in D marine Turgereets 2004. It was expensive back then .
I much appreciate your kind offer of help, as someone there can help considerable, once formalities have been observed I can move south.
I will look at routes
Thank you .

Irish Rover

Visit site
Hello
I am tight and mean ,not poor and broke :cool: If you can find out roughly cost for a 14.2 m mono for a week ,it would be interesting .I did stay in D marine Turgereets 2004. It was expensive back then .
I much appreciate your kind offer of help, as someone there can help considerable, once formalities have been observed I can move south.
I will look at routes
Thank you .
What's your beam - all marinas here charge square meters?

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
Hi bob try hsbc

I have a HSBC British account .where is there a branch there was on in Alimos years ago and a main office in down town ...
Nobody answers the phone . And no access to branches without a telephone appointment.
Difficult to make and understand uoutside of Africa :eek:;)

UPDATE The bank answered the phone Progress ....Thanks William

Last edited:

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
Am I alone in thinking €760 a week is up there with some of the most expensive marinas ?
Or am I that out of touch.

No criticism of Irish Rover ,he tried very hard to help me.