Crime Alert

tillergirl

Visit site
I think it is deliberate to catch attention. If they said it every year, people could pay less attention. And it may be that there may well be a reason for particularly saying it now. It's all about precursors. Just as the chemicals and other things needed to create heroin can be tracked, so the precursors for illegal immigration need to be tracked.

jon and michie

Visit site
Didn't a forum member thought he/she saw suspicious activity but wasn't sure to report it or not involving a small craft ?

tillergirl

Visit site
Just a little bit down the page. That tells us you use a smartphone...... which also tells you I don't use a smartphone. Oh the delights of modern investigation! :giggle: :giggle:

C08

Visit site
When my boat was broken into 3 years ago all that was taken was 4 lifejackets and 4 sailing jackets. They ignored binoculars, 7" plotter, fishfinder, bottles of spirits, handbearing compass, new VHF. TV etc. At the time I thought it was strange.

tillergirl

Visit site
There is no logic - well as far as it is to us. When Tiller Girl was broken into about 6 years ago, it was very neatly 'entered'. The padlock had been cropped (obviously with some serious gear). Stolen inside one bunk cushion (the Captain's) and a torch. In the cockpit, one mooring warp and one of those flat hose reels. The washboards had been replaced properly and the hatch pulled back. The ensign staff (with ensign) was neatly rolled and placed onto of the hatch under the sprayhood. The theft on Sea Dog last autumn and the other three boats were targetted for dinghies and outboards while plotters, radar control head etc were also taken. Bizarrely an unopened duo of paper kitchen roll was also stolen!