Craneage on the Thames

HelIan

Visit site
Not sure if you have tried them but Nauticalia at Sheperton Lock have a large slipway right off the public highway as well as a fairly heavy duty tractor and launch trailer. Not sure of the launch rig capacity but also the possibility of craning straight off the lorry into the river.

be lucky

Visit site
Butchers Marine at Reading have a 40 ton lift (i think its 40) but draft could be a problem
Shepperton can lift up to 20 tons but cant move you afterwards except into the water.
we have a 10 ton vessel (10.10m x 3.45m) we are looking to lift onto the thames as near to windsor and moor for a day or two would you be able to help us on locations thanks

Old Crusty

Visit site
we have a 10 ton vessel (10.10m x 3.45m) we are looking to lift onto the thames as near to windsor and moor for a day or two would you be able to help us on locations thanks

Stanley & Thomas have a 35 tonne crane, located at Romney Lock in the heart of Windsor, access is via the lane behind the royal railway station. S&T offer moorings nearby.

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
Steve Bil told me it was 11ft wide when I asked him.

If not an option for 3.45m wide another possibility is Bray marina who have the crane.

I presume the Windsor racecourse yacht basin also have a crane but don't know any details.

Last edited:

sarabande

Visit site
That draft of 1.75m, is that at the props/rudders ? The hull looks more like 1.45 roughly measured against the lady.

be lucky

Visit site
Stanley & Thomas have a 35 tonne crane, located at Romney Lock in the heart of Windsor, access is via the lane behind the royal railway station. S&T offer moorings nearby.
Thank you we are a couple o centimetres too wide for that crane which is such a shame as we are mooring at S&T

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
Thank you we are a couple o centimetres too wide for that crane which is such a shame as we are mooring at S&T

Have you asked the Racecourse yacht basin about their travel hoist? Maybe it's a bit wider than Steve's one at S&T.