Crane/Hiab Pembroke?

NotBirdseye

Visit site
Hm this could be a challenge. It's hard to get decent pictures of Rudders Boatyard to assess the difficulties or the possibilities.

NotBirdseye

Visit site

Bing is better, I did find a video on youtube (slide show), that gave a better perspective of the steepness (and also found out that Rudders is for sale...). The road looks straight and mostly flat, just steep. I wonder if an accommodation can be achieved using their transporter instead if necessary. I'll have to have words.

Pete735

Visit site
Rudders is a complete non starter, about a 1 in 4 narrow track down. I keep my boat there so know it well.

Vance at East Llanion is a good bet, certainly worth talking too. He offloaded my 31 footer off Kyle's low loader about 5 years ago so I could take it across to Rudders.

Reactions: SP2

Pete735

Visit site
Rudders is a complete non starter, about a 1 in 4 narrow track down. I keep my boat there so know it well.

Vance at East Llanion is a good bet, certainly worth talking too. He offloaded my 31 footer off Kyle's low loader about 5 years ago so I could take it across to Rudders.

Pete735

Visit site
Not sure how that happened quoting my own post!

Rudders was for sale (and may still be) as what you could call a lifestyle business, but the owner is on site and upgrades continue. I actually spoke to him a few days ago so he is actively involved.

I'd be inclined to phone Vance, he's very helpful and pretty flexible in my experience.

NotBirdseye

Visit site
Not sure how that happened quoting my own post!

Rudders was for sale (and may still be) as what you could call a lifestyle business, but the owner is on site and upgrades continue. I actually spoke to him a few days ago so he is actively involved.

I'd be inclined to phone Vance, he's very helpful and pretty flexible in my experience.

I'll likely phone on monday, I'm waiting for mail in the mean time.