Cox & Haswell Rapier 3100

miss_dignity

Visit site
Hello, I have recently purchased a Rapier 3100, Miss Dignity and am preparing for some work over the winter. Some woody stuff but mostly swapping the engines for 6bt's.

I am aware of another Rapier at Chertsey Meads which is having some extensive work done - I have the owners contact details.

Also, I am aware of Pegasus and Spring Equinox although I have never seen these in the flesh. Would like to see Pegasus as this also has 6bt's in it I believe.

Just thinking that it might be quite useful to get all owners of these classics to keep in touch as I believe they are getting quite rare nowadays.

Any owners or knowledge of owners then please pm me or email me on steve@mayoregent.com

Thanks

Cad692

Visit site
Miss Dignity

Hi. Lovely to hear the old girl (the first Rapier 31 built) is still going. We use to own Pegasus between approx 1973 and 1989, and they were both moored in Christchurch, where they were built.
Would love to see some pictures of Mis Dignity.
You state you know of Pegasus, have you any idea where she is now. I use to know up until a bout 3 years ago, but would love to make contact with her current owners.
Please feel free to drop me a line at paul.caddick@virginmedia.com

Sequoiah1

Visit site
Hi. Lovely to hear the old girl (the first Rapier 31 built) is still going. We use to own Pegasus between approx 1973 and 1989, and they were both moored in Christchurch, where they were built.
Would love to see some pictures of Mis Dignity.
You state you know of Pegasus, have you any idea where she is now. I use to know up until a bout 3 years ago, but would love to make contact with her current owners.
Please feel free to drop me a line at paul.caddick@virginmedia.com

I am pretty sure I surveyed 'Pegasus' in Dartmouth some time in the mid nineties, and then did another one aslo in Dartmouth but can trecall the name. Pegasus was in very good condition the other had a few issues but i think she was put right by the new owner. No idea where they are now.

ccscott49

Visit site
Burgundyben, might be the guy to contact, he is into fast wooden motorboats, I know he owns a fairey, but may be helpful.

jmnapier

Visit site
Pegasus

Hi
My parents owned Pegasus until about 4 or 5 years ago. They spent a fortune and she is in a pretty good state with the new owner keeping up the good work. Yes, she has 6BTs. They are about 230hp and she did about 30-odd knots with some chine riding above 25. I saw her last summer on the Hamble on a river mooring. Although I have been in touch with the new owner a few times I don't know if that is her permanent berth.
The accomodation and space is good for a boat that size.
Good luck with the project
cheers Jonathan

miss_dignity

Visit site
Hi, could you help me get in touch with the owners of Pegasus as I am very keen to see how the upright Cummins engines fit given that the front mountings setup will need to be different from the standard horizontal perkins setup?

miss_dignity

Visit site
Thanks for that, I shall make the journey down to see her. BurgundyBen do you still have the Cascover brochure that you mention on a post several years ago? It would be great to have a read. Thanks in advance

Freebee

Visit site
I used to own a Rapier 2100, whcih was my first boat she was used by me in Christchurch and sold on to new owners in Wareham about 2003. Last seen moored the far side of the road bridge in Wareham town a few years ago. There was also a 3100 moored in the river at Wareham at this time.

sandseeker

Visit site
My Father had a Cox and Haswell 40 "Emir", kept in Guernsey back in the early 80's. Happy days, always drew a crowd when the Sabres were fired up filling the marina with a cloud of black smoke :). The log was on the stops(30kts) with 3-400 rpm still to go. I believe she was sold back to the original owners (Cadbury family) but later saw her for sale in a boat mag in 2003, would love to know where she is now.

Chris

miket

Visit site
"Melody"

Spotted this Rapier in Burnham Yacht Harbour last week. Would not swear to it being a 3100 but there or thereabouts.
Dark blue hull and fixed hardtop. Latter may have been added although quite well married.