Cowes Harbour Commission’s visitor moorings are now open for daytime and short stay visitors as of today, Tuesday, 2nd June 2020

Robin

Visit site
I prefer to go somewhere and stay overnight, not pay a fortune for an hour or so and go home. Would love a run to Lymington for market day but with the bug about not so much...:(. So will have to postpone the minted new tatties which will be old by the time we get there.:cry:

Dab

Visit site
what point is there in visiting anywhere that is closed, no pubs, no restaurants, only fee collectors.
I went to Lymington the weekend before last. Parked at the swanky new Town Quay pontoons, sat in the sun on a mostly empty pontoon to eat my lunch, and finished it off with a delicious ice cream from one of the shops in the little lane between Town Quay and the High Street. Plenty of point for me!

PhillM

Visit site
Useful for access to power and water for maintenance work. I welcome it as I could do with a couple of days on a walk-ashore pontoon to get a few jobs done.

ashtead

Visit site
Indeed but at least red funnel and the marinas are doing their bit to keep everyone out . What I don’t know is if you can leave your boat overnight if you are not sleeping on it?

Robin

Visit site
At the moment our boat is in Weymouth but our home berth is East Cowes. The move to Weymouth was only supposed to be temporary for January to March.
OK, understood. 80 year old 2 slots from us has recently moved his Najad to East Cowes and is living on it there as the lease expired on his rented home on the island we heard and they wouldn't renew less than 6 months, he was living on board summers here anyway. Plenty of peeps vising their boats here , even going out day sailing, only one AFIK stayed overnight on board, boats still moving in and out of Richardson's yard even for bottom cleans. Yard's workers out and about on owners boats. Marina still closed for visitors as is Breeze restaurant/bar. lots of cars parked 24/7 by the marina side 'holiday' apartments though... Lots walking or running, even biking the riverside paths every day.

colhel

Visit site
A friend of mine has been working on his boat in the yard all through lockdown and he tells me Richardsons remained open for business should he have needed any bits n bobs.
We're looking forward to getting back to East Cowes but being at Weymouth has certainly been advantageous these last few weeks and has caused us to think about our berthing plans for next year.