Covid19 threads on YBW “May have peaked” says government expert.

fredrussell

Visit site
According to one government advisor, its starting to look like the outbreak of Covid19 threads on YBW might have peaked. Still too early to say with any certainty, obviously, but if we all just stick to government advice we may be on the road to recovery any day now and get back to arguing about which anchor is best.

People are advised to avoid The Lounge where there is a more persistent and widespread Covid19 thread outbreak, but it is expected that the rabies virus that has a near-total stronghold in there should out-compete it within the next few weeks.

greeny

Visit site
Scuttlebutt is the "place to go to" for non covid admirers. Very little on there a the moment. You can go there and self isolate from covid threads if you like.

Quandary

Visit site
Time to call for more volunteers to man the new SCAB group (Scuttlebut Control All Boating) There is so much to do, patrolling the curtains for neighbours getting in their cars, watching AIS for yachts they may be moving or anchored, detecting folk working in boatyards and shopping businesses that are allowing people access.
If everyone joins it means that the Coastguard , the Police and the RNLI will all be able to work from home in their pyjamas just like the rest of us.

greeny

Visit site
Indeed. Only seven of the first ten threads are virus related! Including one where a lynch mob is forming in response to a yacht being seen at anchor somewhere!
You're right Fred. My mistake I was looking at a page from yonks ago and thought it was todays.
So where can I go to get away from it all.

Neeves

Visit site
I think the OP was slightly premature with his post. The offical release of the data was not until this morning, not the 31st March (unless I've got my time zones mixed up). According to the 'reminder' above the OP should declare his 'bone fide' source as his early release of confidential data should merit investigation as to the source of the leak

Jonathan

Laminar Flow

Visit site
How about “Implications of covid 19 for choice of anchor”
Good question. Since we are currently (pre lock-down) muddling through with a mid-generation model we are probably not the right persons to contribute to this debate. Perhaps someone with an updated post corona model would like to step in?

Last edited:

FlyingGoose

Visit site
Yes you are absolutely right I forgot to define the numbers . well 10 is the best OFC as I have a Rocna and it has maximum protection against the virus and going down the scale , Please note no scientists were involved in this but we all know the Rocna is best
visor.jpg