Cost of sprayhoods - daylight robbery.

alahol2

www.troppo.co.uk
I had one copied by Quay sails in Poole. Posted off the old one, got new and old back a few weeks later. The new one fitted better than the old one as I had hoped. That was 13 years ago and it's just starting to get onto its last legs. I give it a few new stitches every year and replaced the 'windows' a couple of years ago. I think a copy is just as likely to fit as a 'new build'.

Nina Lucia

Visit site
We had a new sprayhood made up using the old one as a pattern by Sabre sails in Swansea. Cost us £400
I just had a look on they web site:
"Sabre Sails can supply a brand new sprayhood for you simply by copying your existing hood!
prices Starting from £375.00 offering significant savings over traditional methods. "

TiggerToo

Visit site
.....if you think you can make a lot of money making £1,000+ sprayhoods with £200 of material why not have a go? I suspect if you cost your time you will find the truth.
I have always made all Tigger's canvas work (not the sails). But it's a labour of love. The amount of work that goes in it (over and above the material) is phenomenal.

Stemar

Visit site
I just had a look on they web site:
"Sabre Sails can supply a brand new sprayhood for you simply by copying your existing hood!
prices Starting from £375.00 offering significant savings over traditional methods. "
I can't help thinking there's a little footnote to that, "subject to the condition of the old one". I'd also be very surprised if that includes the frame