Coronavirus Measures Spain

emandvee44

Visit site
As many of you are aware, Spain has introduced the strictest measures so far, and life here has changed considerably. Only allowed to go out for domestic shopping (only one person allowed), pharmacies, tobacconists, fuel, banking, and bizarrely hairdressers ( perhaps the prime minister's wife leaned on him). All bars, cafes and restaurants and retail outlets closed for 15 days (initially) from 0001 Sunday. Non-retail premises can operate (such as yacht service companies).
We are in Almerimar and it is now very, very quiet; every bar and restaurant closed as per the decree; No walking around (apart from dog walking for necessary reasons, but no extended walks) ;no boat lift activity allowed and we were due to launch this morning! Just heard that the borders will be closed from midnight tonight. I believe also that if you go anywhere legitimately by car, e.g. shopping, only one person allowed in the car.
I will up date if there are any significant changes in the situation.

Update; Spain has closed borders as of 0001 /17th. to foreigners coming in, by land, only Spanish citizens, residents, cross border workers and diplomats can enter. The decree does not affect goods transport. Not sure about flights and ferries.
M.

Last edited:

Clancy Moped

Visit site
The rule on hairdressers has been amended to home visits only. Open your window tonight at 8pm and applaud the local medical staff.

Reactions: GHA

capnsensible

www.herculessailing.com
Tips on local radio today (Canaries). Take your passport/ residents card. You must be able to prove your identity.

Take a shopping bag with you to the shops. Keep receipts and be ready to show them.

I reckon its really a case of being aware of Spains plan and sticking with it.

Olive Press is turning out to be a good source in English to avoid mix ups. (y) (y)

Visit site
As many of you are aware, Spain has introduced the strictest measures so far, and life here has changed considerably. Only allowed to go out for domestic shopping (only one person allowed), pharmacies, tobacconists, fuel, banking, and bizarrely hairdressers ( perhaps the prime minister's wife leaned on him). All bars, cafes and restaurants and retail outlets closed for 15 days (initially) from 0001 Sunday. Non-retail premises can operate (such as yacht service companies).
We are in Almerimar and it is now very, very quiet; every bar and restaurant closed as per the decree; No walking around (apart from dog walking for necessary reasons, but no extended walks) ;no boat lift activity allowed and we were due to launch this morning! Just heard that the borders will be closed from midnight tonight. I believe also that if you go anywhere legitimately by car, e.g. shopping, only one person allowed in the car.
I will up date if there are any significant changes in the situation.
M.
Portugal closes borders,air sea and land at 11.00, midnight there

jordanbasset

Visit site
In addition to the above restrictions laid out by the OP you are not allowed friends over to your home for drinks/meal etc
Also caravan parks are closed to new arrivals, so those in motor homes who were not in a site already will struggle to get in one

davethedog

Visit site
We are here in puerto mogan (gran canaria) and very eerie.

Have heard of on the spot fines being issued to people with no valid reason to be on the streets. One case being a person running in the streets and when the police told him to stop and go home he said no.... 500euro fine,!

Can verify that if shopping only one person can go, dog walking allowed (dog must be on lead at all times) and there are vans with loud speakers reiterating this every 5 or 6 hours.

Mind you, there are still some idiots walking about in small groups as if all is well!

reefknot

Visit site
The trouble with all this isolation is there will be no natural barrier. When I was a child we went to measles parties. I think the old, like me!, should isolate but I think children should still mix, as they only get a mild form and then they will never get it again. Otherwise this will come very year.

newtothis

Visit site
The trouble with all this isolation is there will be no natural barrier. When I was a child we went to measles parties. I think the old, like me!, should isolate but I think children should still mix, as they only get a mild form and then they will never get it again. Otherwise this will come very year.

Trouble is that children who mix then mix with high-risk groups. They don't get immunisation; they die.
Measles parties were all a load of fun, until kids started taking it home to their pregnant, non-immunised mothers.

emandvee44

Visit site
Here is the latest from Almerimar.
Since the lockdown, some yachties have been a bit liberal in their interpretation of the Government decree, with many wandering around the marina area. Unsurprisingly, this morning the police arrived with a loudspeaker van and broadcast in Spanish and English that yachties are confined to their boats, except for going to the showers, walking their dogs, and going to the supermarket(pharmacy/tobacconist etc.)
We bit the bullet and left this morning, now at home and isolated in the mountains of Valencia province:)
Good health to all,
Michael

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Here is the latest from Almerimar.
Since the lockdown, some yachties have been a bit liberal in their interpretation of the Government decree, with many wandering around the marina area. Unsurprisingly, this morning the police arrived with a loudspeaker van and broadcast in Spanish and English that yachties are confined to their boats, except for going to the showers, walking their dogs, and going to the supermarket(pharmacy/tobacconist etc.)
We bit the bullet and left this morning, now at home and isolated in the mountains of Valencia province:)
Good health to all,
Michael

Hi Michael. There are much worse places to be in quarantine. Where in the mountains are you? We have an apa in Altea, I was there for a few days just 2 weeks ago, how things have changed in such a short period of time. I doubt we’ll be back before the autumn at the earliest, and maybe not even this year.
Stay safe.

colind3782

Visit site
I guess we're not using marina facilities then :(

Accommodation

The Spanish government has now ordered that hotels and short-stay accommodation (such as short-stay campsites or caravan parks) must close by Tuesday 24 March. British travellers who are currently in Spain and who wish to return to the UK are advised to make travel plans to do so as soon as possible.

If you’re currently on holiday in Spain, check with your tour operator or accommodation provider for further information. If you’re travelling and wish to return to the UK, contact your tour operator, checking the website of their airlines or ferry companies for further advice. The Spanish authorities may ask British travellers to move hotels before 24 March and have underlined that no-one will be left without accommodation.

These measures do not apply to long term accommodation, such as long-stay campsites, as long as clients can cater for themselves, in their own spaces (ie that clients do not rely on communal facilities, such as shower blocks, which will be required to close).

jordanbasset

Visit site
In addition to disposable gloves in supermarkets and keeping a metre away from others
I guess we're not using marina facilities then :(

Accommodation

The Spanish government has now ordered that hotels and short-stay accommodation (such as short-stay campsites or caravan parks) must close by Tuesday 24 March. British travellers who are currently in Spain and who wish to return to the UK are advised to make travel plans to do so as soon as possible.

If you’re currently on holiday in Spain, check with your tour operator or accommodation provider for further information. If you’re travelling and wish to return to the UK, contact your tour operator, checking the website of their airlines or ferry companies for further advice. The Spanish authorities may ask British travellers to move hotels before 24 March and have underlined that no-one will be left without accommodation.

These measures do not apply to long term accommodation, such as long-stay campsites, as long as clients can cater for themselves, in their own spaces (ie that clients do not rely on communal facilities, such as shower blocks, which will be required to close).
That will be very difficult for some as we are on the last ferry out of Spain is on the 21st March (it is full) and there are no more scheduled until April at the earliest.

Clancy Moped

Visit site
If you heard a load of pots and pans being bashed at midday, it's to ask the government to seize the king's ill-gotten gains and give it to the health service, estimated at €100m

Star-Lord

Visit site
In addition to disposable gloves in supermarkets and keeping a metre away from others

That will be very difficult for some as we are on the last ferry out of Spain is on the 21st March (it is full) and there are no more scheduled until April at the earliest.
not sure disposable gloves in the supermarket are a good idea? virus may more readily transfer? I use sanitiser when i step out of supermarket and wash hand back at boat. I use one glove for taking trash to bins because you need to use two key pads and open bins - i then key in pontoon code to open gate - leave it on the latch and dispose of glove in bin outside marina then open and close open gate with foot. And wash hands back on board.

jordanbasset

Visit site
not sure disposable gloves in the supermarket are a good idea? virus may more readily transfer? I use sanitiser when i step out of supermarket and wash hand back at boat. I use one glove for taking trash to bins because you need to use two key pads and open bins - i then key in pontoon code to open gate - leave it on the latch and dispose of glove in bin outside marina then open and close open gate with foot. And wash hands back on board.
The supermarket give you sanitiser and then you put the gloves on. They also wipe down the trolley handles before you take one. In addition it is now one in and one out so you never have large numbers in the supermarket. It seems from what I have heard they are operating on completely different level to the UK Supermarkets