Coronavirus and Greece

Chris_Robb

Visit site
This has been posted else where but as we know what one pp say may not be what other on another part of Greece . Maybe Chris you could look into it for the CA and others here ....

We are in Limni, Evia - Greece and went to the Port Police today as our DEKPA is due for renewal next week. We were told that because of the Covid 19 virus, no need to worry until June as no paperwork being processed at the moment. I asked if we would be required to pay another €50 for a new DEKPA but was told NO...
This is a CA member - and is a reliable reporter. It is clear that temporarily no paper work needs stamping, however when things return to Normal - assume until we tell you otherwise that the DEKPA still needs stamping, though I am sure that they will not impose fines. That would be breaking the law - as one of the reasons for cancellations were they were worried that the fines were illegal anyway. We are in touch with the Greeks over this, but they have more important things to deal with right now so I wont push.
Just don't go to your boats or even think about going sailing - you cant get their anyway!

Chris_Robb

Visit site
DEKPA is cancelled from now on.
Thanks is not correct. The package of amendments to many other laws has not been voted through yet....... So dont be complacent. If your not there dont worry, if you are make sure of the local rules as some will be making it up as they go on.....

Kubcat

Visit site
Brothels are now closed in Greece ,however, church's are still open.
Back in ancient times the brothels were operated by the church in Piraeus. Young women would go to ‘serve the gods’ and the visiting sailors. If they didn’t give it their best, the gods would punish them with disease.

Irish Rover

Visit site
Back in ancient times the brothels were operated by the church in Piraeus. Young women would go to ‘serve the gods’ and the visiting sailors. If they didn’t give it their best, the gods would punish them with disease.
They probably didn't have much time for new members shooting blanks ;)

Tony Cross

Visit site
As of midnight on 21st March 2020 private and professional yachts of any flag are prohibited from sailing anywhere in Greek waters. Yachts currently at sea must make for the nearest Greek port and arrive before midnight on 21st March.

Upon the expiry of the temporary period (the document doesn't appear to carry an end date for this provision), private and professional boats may sail within the Greek territory in the following cases:
▪Emergency and force majeure relating to mechanical damage, damage, safety and other matters related to maritime safety and the protection of the marine environment.
▪ Configurations and test vessels, in accordance with the relevant provisions and orders of the relevant Port Authorities.
▪To supply boats and ships with fuel, water and supplies.
▪Sailing to shipyards to repair and perform other related tasks. Upon completion of the above tasks, sailors will be allowed for to sail without co-passengers, either at the ship's docking port or at an other desired port.

ΚΥΑ προσωρινών περιορισμών μετακινήσεων με πλοία | Hellenic Coast Guard

Last edited:

sailaboutvic

Visit site
As of midnight on 21st March 2020 private and professional yachts of any flag are prohibited from sailing anywhere in Greek waters. Yachts currently at sea must make for the nearest Greek port and arrive before midnight on 21st March.

Upon the expiry of the temporary period (the document doesn't appear to carry an end date for this provision), private and professional boats may sail within the Greek territory in the following cases:
▪Emergency and force majeure relating to mechanical damage, damage, safety and other matters related to maritime safety and the protection of the marine environment.
▪ Configurations and test vessels, in accordance with the relevant provisions and orders of the relevant Port Authorities.
▪To supply boats and ships with fuel, water and supplies.
▪Sailing to shipyards to repair and perform other related tasks. Upon completion of the above tasks, sailors will be allowed for to sail without co-passengers, either at the ship's docking port or at an other desired port.

ΚΥΑ προσωρινών περιορισμών μετακινήσεων με πλοία | Hellenic Coast Guard
It's heading that way most places now .
Day 11 lock down here in Sicily and the news isn't any better. We can't even go shopping to gather now.
Hope you both keeping well Tony .

wwalsh

Visit site
A yacht that arrived at Alimos marina from Italy on Saturday is under quarantine due to a case of coronavirus. The marina is closed to visitors only owners are allowed.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
What's the weather like Vic ,are you stuck on the boat or are you allowed to move around ?
Weather been very good with light winds mostly and sunny warm days but yo day is crap wind and showed , to morrow not any better.
We not suppose to go any where other then to buy food or if you need drugs NO Bob not them type of Drugs :) although I never taken any in my life Special Drag not even a bit of pot , if this carry on I might start .
New rules yesterday said only one can go to the shop now and off course we have to carry a form to say we have permission from our mum . Bit like when you wanted to miss PE at school.
We use to excises by walking the half mile break water but we can't do that now .
Street have some police and a few from the marina been stop and ask to see the letter from mum , all done very polite.
There use to be a small group of the lady's that did yoga three times a week that had to stop, now on a good day it's done on the pontoon just off the boat.
There around 25 of us here , mostly we keeping to our self and when you do talk to some one it's at a distance, although we still lend out the odd tool or part to help others out if we can.
We all Bearing up well through the odd coran joke about , what is sad there a couple of boats where one of the partners had to go back and got caught out and can't get back.
The 4 th April date as now been extended but we not been given a new date , realistic I don't expect we be able to move much before June and that's if we lucky ,
Our contract run out two weeks ago as we only had a three months one , so far even tho we emailed the Marina we not got a reply back , my guess they don't want to commit on a answer until they know how long this is going to go on for ,
Supermarket are well stock up and tho they only letting in a few at a time it's hasn't been so bad .
Our main concern is both our elderly mother at 95 and 90 if any thing happen we won't be able to get back .
But we soldier on find jobs to do and keep hoping for the best.
One thing I stop doing is checking the news 30 times a day , it's just depressing.
We now keep a backet of bleach and water just on the back of the boat to wash out hand as we come on the boat , bit like the old foot and mouth days except it's not our boots mind you if Christine had her way she made me strip off and pour it over me.
I finish by saying this , I just god smack how may yachtsmen still trying to move around from country to country when it's plain that ever where close , and then when they can't enter port or put on quarantine they on the internet shout how unfair they are being treated,
Any way my old friend. Stay safe , you never know if Greece open up again I might have to eat my words and return . :)

Last edited:

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
Weather been very good with light winds mostly and sunny warm days but yo day is crap wind and showed , to morrow not any better.
We not suppose to go any where other then to buy food or if you need drugs NO Bob not them type of Drugs :) although I never taken any in my life Special Drag not even a bit of pot , if this carry on I might start .
New rules yesterday said only one can go to the shop now and off course we have to carry a form to say we have permission from our mum . Bit like when you wanted to miss PE at school.
We use to excises by walking the half mile break water but we can't do that now .
Street have some police and a few from the marina been stop and ask to see the letter from mum , all done very polite.
There use to be a small group of the lady's that did yoga three times a week that had to stop, now on a good day it's done on the pontoon just off the boat.
There around 25 of us here , mostly we keeping to our self and when you do talk to some one it's at a distance, although we still lend out the odd tool or part to help others out if we can.
We all Bearing up well through the odd coran joke about , what is sad there a couple of boats where one of the partners had to go back and got caught out and can't get back.
The 4 th April date as now been extended but we not been given a new date , realistic I don't expect we be able to move much before June and that's if we lucky ,
Our contract run out two weeks ago as we only had a three months one , so far even tho we emailed the Marina we not got a reply back , my guess they don't want to commit on a answer until they know how long this is going to go on for ,
Supermarket are well stock up and tho they only letting in a few at a time it's hasn't been so bad .
Our main concern is both our elderly mother at 95 and 90 if any thing happen we won't be able to get back .
But we soldier on find jobs to do and keep hoping for the best.
One thing I stop doing is checking the news 30 times a day , it's just depressing.
We now keep a backet of bleach and water just on the back of the boat to wash out hand as we come on the boat , bit like the old foot and mouth days except it's not our boots mind you if Christine had her way she made me strip off and pour it over me.
I finish by saying this , I just god smack how may yachtsmen still trying to move around from country to country when it's plain that ever where close , and then when they can't enter port or put on quarantine they on the internet shout how unfair they are being treated,
Any way my old friend. Stay safe , you never know if Greece open up again I might have to eat my words and return . :)
Hi ,Vic ,nice report , I am stuck in the UK ,travelled from Chester to Glasgow ,Edinburgh , Newcastle and York ,this last couple of weeks ,all the streets are depleted of people , even the beggars are gone, especially York, which was deserted ,good for me being a tourist.
I bought a nice Mercedes e270 to travel down to Greece , was going to do the grand tour,France , Colmar, Switzerland, Italy ,Venice ,Pisa, Rome and Naples,then back up to Ancona ,my female company was to fly back to UK and I onward to Greece on the ferry for early May. all on hold now , worring, that it's me next , " not really " but you do think it possible.
Anyway, I am happy that things for you are not too bad , hope to see you when this shit has passed.

bob.

Besonders

Med for the summer, Caribbean for the winter
Visit site
I have just read the following from the Greek Reporter website which appears to now put greece on almost total lockdown no doubt this is the future for the UK very soon

ttps://greece.greekreporter.com/2020/03/22/how-can-greeks-venture-out-exceptions-to-coronavirus-lockdown/

How Can Greeks Venture Out: Exceptions to Coronavirus Lockdown
By
Tasos Kokkinidis
-
Mar 22, 2020
yq-greececov-15032020.jpg
Greek PM Kyriakos Mitsotakis announced a nationwide lockdown starting Monday 06:00 a.m., as health authorities confirmed that two more people died on Sunday bringing the total number of fatalities to 15. Confirmed cases have jumped to 624.
All citizens are ordered to stay at home. Exceptions are allowed for:
Those going to work. Employees must have the following verification paper from their employer, specifying the times one is expected to travel to and from work. If they are freelancers, they must have a statement signed by themselves explaining where they are going and the time period away from home.
doc1.jpg

The second document must be filled in when someone goes out for the following reasons:
  • Visiting a pharmacy or a doctor;
  • Trips to supermarkets and other stores that remain open after the first restrictive measures were announced such as bakeries, kiosks e.t.c.;
  • Visiting a bank, if electronic transactions cannot be made;
  • Visiting relatives in need;
  • Going to weddings, baptisms or funerals provided that such ceremonies take place among close relatives that keep social distance;
  • Exercising outdoors, provided that no more than two people can exercise or jog together. The same applies to walking a pet.
Each must place an X on the specific reason for going out in the following document.
document-b.jpg

Alternatively, you can send a free SMS to 13033 in this way:
X (number above-space-name&address)
All people who venture outside must have their ID/passport on them.
People returning to their permanent place of residence are exempt from the measure as they travel.

Yangosat

Visit site
Easy way to get out, if its not for work is the SMS method...

You can send SMS from your mobile to the number 13033 free of charge.

The SMS should be in the form:

X ( blank space ) name and home address
where X is the ratio of output 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 corresponding to the following reasons:

1 Go to a pharmacy or visit a doctor if this is advisable after contact.
2 Moving to the supply store of essentials (supermarket, mini market) where they cannot be shipped.
3 Go to the bank, as long as the electronic transaction is not possible.
4 Movement to help people in need.
5 Transition to a ceremony (eg funeral, marriage, baptism) under the conditions provided by law or the transition of divorced parents or parents to the extent necessary to ensure the communication of parents and children, in accordance with the applicable provisions.
6 Exercise outdoors or moving with a pet, individually or per person, in the latter case keeping the necessary distance of 1.5 meters.

You will receive in response:

Move blank X blank name and home address

Tony Cross

Visit site
Actually it's not a problem at all except for those irresponsibly venturing out for no good purpose - like gathering on the beaches. I used the SMS system this morning to walk the dog, the response came back in about 10 seconds.

Our walk takes us past the tourist police station where there are usually one or two policemen gathered outside smoking. None of them took the slightest notice of us. That may be because I was self-evidently walking a dog but also because we walk past there every day and Rudy is the only basset hound most of them have ever seen!

SWMBO has just gone out in the car to Lidl and her SMS response arrived in under a minute too.

It really is no problem at all for those who actually need to leave their homes.....

Clancy Moped

Visit site
Actually it's not a problem at all except for those irresponsibly venturing out for no good purpose - like gathering on the beaches. I used the SMS system this morning to walk the dog, the response came back in about 10 seconds.

Our walk takes us past the tourist police station where there are usually one or two policemen gathered outside smoking. None of them took the slightest notice of us. That may be because I was self-evidently walking a dog but also because we walk past there every day and Rudy is the only basset hound most of them have ever seen!

SWMBO has just gone out in the car to Lidl and her SMS response arrived in under a minute too.

It really is no problem at all for those who actually need to leave their homes.....
Is the block shut in the marina?

ostra4

Visit site
I have just read the following on the Greece Reporter website :

Greece Shuts Borders, Suspends Ferry Travel to Italy to Contain Coronavirus | GreekReporter.com
  • The suspension of road, sea and air links with Albania and North Macedonia, with the exception of trade and persons of Greek nationality or those resident in Greece.
  • The suspension of ferry services to and from Italy. The transport of goods continues.
  • The prohibition of cruise ships and sailboats in Greek ports.
  • Air links to Spain are suspended.
  • Fines of up to 5,000 euros will be imposed on those who violate the measures announced.
I am particularly concerned regarding the mention of prohibition of Sailboats in Greek ports and can find no further information regarding this.
Is there any formites perhaps in Greece or in the know that can offer any information regarding the current situation.
Obviously things can change but I am just wondering what the general feeling is as this has the potential to impact upon many users of this form
I'm in Steno yard

Greece Shuts Borders, Suspends Ferry Travel to Italy to Contain Coronavirus | GreekReporter.com
  • The suspension of road, sea and air links with Albania and North Macedonia, with the exception of trade and persons of Greek nationality or those resident in Greece.
  • The suspension of ferry services to and from Italy. The transport of goods continues.
  • Fines of up to 5,000 euros will be imposed on those who violate the measures announced.
I am particularly concerned regarding the mention of prohibition of Sailboats in Greek ports and can find no further information regarding this.
Is there any formites perhaps in Greece or in the know that can offer any information regarding the current situation.
Obviously things can change but I am just wondering what the general feeling is as this has the potential to impact upon many users of this form

I'm in Steno yard Nidri , nothing is allowed to be launched till at least 20thApril .No yachts allowed into any ports or harbours , yesterday I witnessed a sailboat arrive in Nidri being observed by three Port police on their balcony , lots of radio conversation going on then Police RIB went out and intercepted the sailboat , I can't tell you the result or action that was taken as we left afternoon some time but the sailboat seemed to be heading anchor in Vliho the last we saw , nothing except fishing boats moving and the large ferry to Meganissi . a surreal experience walking round Steno yard in a brisk wind but sunny , I think me and the wife are the only ones in yard and I felt like I was in some horrible movie looking round at everyone's boats with not a soul to be seen .