Coronavirus and Greece

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
As we know in Greece the food is usually brought in by family and friends, anyway you are probably like me and needed to lose the 15kg :D
I can't fault you with the beer and souvlaki but omg swimming in Poros waters . . . . do you have a death wish?
Yes, sometimes I wish to lose it again, but, I am not diving in again to find my phone

alexsailor

Visit site
So we left Greece and head up to Croatia where we keep out boat.

It was a wonderfull summer from beeing total alone in the bay at the start of July to more crowded August when Italians showed me again they anchoring skills.

If there was no internet, we would never know there is some kind of flu around.

Entering (and leaving) greek waters was never so easy.

For everyone else down there: enjoy the beautiful time, sailing and tavernas when most of the sailors will rush home due to the panic...

OldBawley

Visit site
Anyone know if this new lockdown in Greece is different than last one?

I see ferry´s and the building here on shore continues.

Are we allowed to move the boat this time?

I would like to change anchorage.

lask

Visit site
this is crazy.
I can not understand greek people...
A) I do not know what applies in other EU countries Because
(I think the) Greek government does what other countries tell it.
B) there is panic
C) the people who give advice to the government are irrelevant to our object, that is, sailing from your port to anchor, again to your port, and not to another port.
All I know is that GREEK CITIZENS do not agree 100% with the way the government is handling this crisis(Agree but not at all) .

wwalsh

Visit site
the above linked attachment seems not to be the final. The government gazette publication into law adds provision for exceptional voyage to a shipyard with the special permission of the port authority. For that it would be a good idea to use Agent

Έκτακτα μέτρα για το διάστημα από το Σάββατο 7 Νοεμβρίου 2020 έως και τη Δευτέρα 30 Νοεμβρίου 2020.
https://www.ynanp.gr/documents/3015/Β_4899_Έκτακτα_Μέτρα.pdf

Αυτά είναι τα έκτακτα μέτρα σχετικά με τις θαλάσσιες συνδέσεις | ΕΝΑΛΙΟΝ

Last edited:

OldBawley

Visit site
This time a lot of sailors stranded in Poros. No real warning that sailing would be a crime. That is going to be massacre when a storm comes and they are not allowed to seek a lee shore.

Saw some “fishing “boats go out, I am 100 % sure none of these pay taxes on their catch so they are not professional fishers.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Anyone know if this new lockdown in Greece is different than last one?

I see ferry´s and the building here on shore continues.

Are we allowed to move the boat this time?

I would like to change anchorage.
OK you not going to like this , but there one rule for the Greek and another fir everyone else .
I lay money there many Greeks who don't pay the boat tax especially the once on smaller islands .
Some years back friends of ours had a hired motor bike and got stop by the police for not wearing helmets while a fine was being written out family's where racing by on motor bike husband wife kids some case the dog too , when this was pointed out to the police , they reply was , they Greeks.

wwalsh

Visit site
the infection numbers are high this time and will increase upwards exponentially perhaps same as italy previously. It is possible for the quarantine to extend greatly beyond the initial three weeks.

OldBawley

Visit site
Logically in three weeks the situation will be much much worse, so this lockdown is for months.

Will only be lifted for the tourist season. Hopefully they ( Greek officials) have learned something.

Allowing people to move with a car but not with a sailing boat is discriminating.

Davy_S

Visit site
Some years back friends of ours had a hired motor bike and got stop by the police for not wearing helmets while a fine was being written out family's where racing by on motor bike husband wife kids some case the dog too , when this was pointed out to the police , they reply was , they Greeks.
Vic, i can assure you that Greeks get fined as well! this is not hearsay, i have seen it myself, even vathi (Ithaka) port police have been dishing out fines to motorcyclists without helmets, you can sit at a cafe in Argostoly and watch loads of riders without helmets going past, but the next day the cops will have a purge and pull them in and fine them.