coromandel transat

operator6

Visit site
hi, does anyone know if a Newbridge Coromandel has crossed the atlantic? Her sister Corribee I know about, but a coro transat? cheers

operator6

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Better get going and write some then /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Good idea! But, as I've sailed just three times (sat, sun, today), it's likely to be boring for some time yet /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Noddy

Visit site
I think this is the time when you are having all your adventures. The most interesting time to write about.

When you are massively experienced, and never make any mistskes, like me. Thats when its boring.

Perhaps I'd better qualify that bit about never making any maksticks, or is it mukstuks?

Whatever!

Have fun!

Paul

operator6

Visit site
should be: Coromandel Transat?

just in case readers are looking to see who is crossing in a Coromandel. I'm trying to find out if one has actually crossed (mostly because I plan to do it myself, eh, eventually!) /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Blueboatman

Visit site
If you can wade back through the newsletters of the Junk Rig Association,
I believe at least one Coromandel has been across the North Atlantic,and a couple to the Azores (and back)...
Would depend on the particular mast tho imo..The hinging, untapered extra tall alloy one would worry me a bit...

operator6

Visit site
Thanks BlueBoatMan, I'll ask on the JRA forum, and hopefully someone will have the newsletters and know of a Coromandel transat. So far, I can't find anything, anywhere, on it. cheers, p

graham

Visit site
I took this on Cardiff bay recently.wondered if it may be you?
Quite fresh that day we were well reefed down in our Coronado 25 "Banjo".

007-2.jpg

Thats Banjo on another fresh day.
005-1.jpg

operator6

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I took this on Cardiff bay recently.wondered if it may be you?
Quite fresh that day we were well reefed down in our Coronado 25 "Banjo".

007-2.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]
aha! yup, that be us out on a fresh day; musta been before we got the hang of 6 panels in a blow. Nice to see you Banjo; will keep an eye out in the future /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif