Control Panel For Sleipner Bowthruster

Goldie

Visit site
I'm looking for a serviceable control panel for a Sleipner bowthruster, it would be a 'ready to use' spare so I'm looking for the same model that I currently have. This is the version with two 'on' buttons (press both at once to switch on, a safety feature), one 'off' button and then 'left' and 'right' buttons. I say 'button' but they're actually a membrane. This version has 3 wires into the plug on the reverse. My version requires a square cut out but it's just possible that a panel needing a round cut out might fit if it's compatible in other areas. If anyone has an unused spare lying around, or a good used one, I'd be delighted to offer it a good home at a fair price. Thank you.

Goldie

Visit site
It certainly looks like it, but that same company told me that the only replacement option they can offer (for mine) is a joystick model with no on/off selection at the panel. The alternative they offered would have been £300+ and in addition, would require re-wiring at the motor and beefing up of the cable runs. I really appreciate your suggestion though and I’ll put it to them and see what they say. Thank you.

Edit: Having looked at the reverse view, the 8800C is much deeper, a different shape and has more wires - mine has just a 3 wire plug. Thanks again for searching though.

FD5DC68B-B1BD-4919-87F8-BAA2F7C21675.jpegDCE4AE7A-B075-4CE1-9FE4-88DA28B5C829.jpeg

Last edited:

Goldie

Visit site
Now sorted, thank you.

FYI, a one for one direct replacement has been manufactured by Osmotech at Hamble Point and is available off the shelf if anyone else finds the need for the same item.

Caladh

Visit site
I purchased the like for like replacement from Osmotech (at a price) last year with no issues. The unit is not of the same quality though using std rocker switches. I made the mistake or originally buying a new 4 wire unit - well it looked pretty much the same!! This would, as stated have required a circuit rewire.