Congratulations to IPC

G

Sunshine AND Scuttlebutt!

What more could anybody want? (Well, wind in Cardigan Bay and the right lottery numbers out of the bag for starters!)

Seriously, well done, nice to be back.

G

Re: Hello, Linnet

Hi Mike! Still hanging about in Horta, on Faial in the Azores - the season has started (not that anyone has told the weather that, we're still besieged by rain of varying consistencies) but fancy mega-yachts are turning up and looking down their noses at us. Paid crew are, I have discovered, an infinitely superior species to scruffy owners but I'm sure I know which I'd rather be, when push comes to shove. Speaking of which there is quite a lot of pushing and shoving going on in Horta marina - they should issue shoehorns at Immigration - we've been rafted to by as many as four other boats so far. Somebody actually levered up two strips of teak from our cockpit step the other day and made off with them. Germans, I'm sorry to say. We were a bit shocked. We hadn't realised we were looking so scruffy we might be mistaken for a derelict and stripped. The Skipper has been patrolling with the deck brush and hose ever since. We're trying to learn to love people who come home in the wee small hours and clog dance on the foredeck, shrieking with laughter (so that we'll know what we've been missing) thus disturbing The Skipper's slumbers and those who believe that the early bird should make his righteousness known to all, powering up the angle-grinder at 7am when it's my turn to sleep... it's time we were not here. Ready or not, we plan to head for southern Spain at the end of May...It's been great here - imagine getting 5 cans of beer or 25 crispy bread rolls for a pound sterling! We have lived very well on the same pittance that saw us fading away in Bermuda! So, your turn, what have you been up to? Anyone else want to swap local gossip?! I'm told men can teach women a thing or two about gossipping...is it true? Incidentally, if John Hyatt sees this, my apologoes for being so long winded... I didn't really do it just to wind you up. Honest guv!

G

Re: Hello, Linnet

Hi Mike! Still hanging about in Horta, on Faial in the Azores - the season has started (not that anyone has told the weather that, we're still besieged by rain of varying consistencies) but fancy mega-yachts are turning up and looking down their noses at us. Paid crew are, I have discovered, an infinitely superior species to scruffy owners but I'm sure I know which I'd rather be, when push comes to shove. Speaking of which there is quite a lot of pushing and shoving going on in Horta marina - they should issue shoehorns at Immigration - we've been rafted to by as many as four other boats so far. Somebody actually levered up two strips of teak from our cockpit step the other day and made off with them. Germans, I'm sorry to say. We were a bit shocked. We hadn't realised we were looking so scruffy we might be mistaken for a derelict and stripped. The Skipper has been patrolling with the deck brush and hose ever since. We're trying to learn to love people who come home in the wee small hours and clog dance on the foredeck, shrieking with laughter (so that we'll know what we've been missing) thus disturbing The Skipper's slumbers and those who believe that the early bird should make his righteousness known to all, powering up the angle-grinder at 7am when it's my turn to sleep... it's time we were not here. Ready or not, we plan to head for southern Spain at the end of May...It's been great here - imagine getting 5 cans of beer or 25 crispy bread rolls for a pound sterling! We have lived very well on the same pittance that saw us fading away in Bermuda! So, your turn, what have you been up to? Anyone else want to swap local gossip?! I'm told men can teach women a thing or two about gossipping...is it true? Incidentally, if John Hyatt sees this, my apologies for being so long winded... I didn't really do it just to wind you up. Honest guv!

G

Re: Sunshine AND Scuttlebutt!

Hi Cynthia!
Sailing and posting, eh? Nice one! How's the new boat? I've got something else to add to the wish list...a means of controlling my impulse to try and correct spelling mistakes after I've hit the Post message button and then post the same message again because I hadn't caught it in time after all...Whoops! Sorry!

Returning to the important stuff, is your boat living up to expectations? What's all this about sunshine? You mean you've seen some? I'm green with envy! Cheers!

G

Yes...well done. At last I can get through...I had some problems with my password.
Hey sounds like Mike discovered an old flame!!!!!
That was a good posting Linnet, how about some more.
Brian