Compass mast derrick

Alfie168

Visit site
This is an aluminium tubing mast derrick comprising an A frame which is stamped S.W.L 120kg and two telescopic poles complete with retaining pins.
Each arm of the A frame is 2.60 m. Each pole is 4.50 m fully extended and 2.60 m fully retracted with six intermediate adjustment points. The A frame has two alloy feet with rubber pads.

I've only ever used the A Frame.

£100 ono plus courier costs (I havn't costed it, but can for serious enquiries), or collection North Yorks.

IMG_20210510_141632415~2.jpg

Praxinoscope

Visit site
It's an 'A' frame to provide an effective way of raising or lowering a mast without crane.
I have one which I bought about 12 years ago and have managed to raise and lower a 30' mast single handed. (it's easier with sme extra help)
Maximum SWL is I think 120 Kg, but it coped perfectly well with the mast on my my Invicta 26, and now my Sadler 25.
It needs a block and tackle which is fitted to the 'A' as well as two stabilising ropes which go from the 'A' to a fore and aft deck cleat.

Gary Fox

N/A
Visit site
It's an 'A' frame to provide an effective way of raising or lowering a mast without crane.
I have one which I bought about 12 years ago and have managed to raise and lower a 30' mast single handed. (it's easier with sme extra help)
Maximum SWL is I think 120 Kg, but it coped perfectly well with the mast on my my Invicta 26, and now my Sadler 25.
It needs a block and tackle which is fitted to the 'A' as well as two stabilising ropes which go from the 'A' to a fore and aft deck cleat.
Aha thanks

Alfie168

Visit site

In fact it can be rigged not only as an A Frame for a hinged mast but also as a lifting crane according to the original blurb, though I've never quite figured out how the crane is rigged as I originally just used the A frame to lower my mast which has a tabernacle, so never needed to try. The crane obviously employs the telescopic poles in a way I didn't need.