Come on peeps, a vote of thanks!

Sans Bateau

Visit site
Let me be the one to start a thread to say thank you to Cutter ( Richard) and tome (Tom) for organising the weekend.

This is the second year that Galadriel has crossed to Cherbourg for this event, an of end of season Channel crossing for me, so the focus of the rally is all that more important.

A good job with good support, well done gents!

fireball

Visit site
It was superb - and must have included a LNTM cos we only had to dodge one ship ... Thanks guys! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Visit site
Re: Cherbourg Event

[ QUOTE ]
- must have included a LNTM cos we only had to dodge one ship.

[/ QUOTE ]

They were re-routed towards me, that's why. Didn't dare hoist the kite and had to motor all the way!

Oen

Visit site

Yes, many thanks again, a terrific evening and a great excuse to make the trip. Thanks also to Jane, Terry, Bill, and Tony for excellent crewing and camaraderie...

As a newbie to this Scuttlebutt cruising thing, does anyone have an idea if there might be a more local 'do' in the winter sometime?

bedouin

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]

As a newbie to this Scuttlebutt cruising thing, does anyone have an idea if there might be a more local 'do' in the winter sometime?

[/ QUOTE ]
The answer to that is "Yes - if you organise one" /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'll add my thanks to organisers, crew and other peeps for a thoroughly enjoyable weekend

graham

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
BRAVO ZULU to the organisers and a big thank you to Shy Talk for taking me.

[/ QUOTE ] ditto

BlueSkyNick

Visit site
yep, thanks to cutter and tome, and well done on getting the numbers just right.

thanks to DJE graham and goodge - a great crew. We had the chute up for a couple of hours but i bust my wrist in the procress - scaphoid fracture which is now in a plaster cast ...... for at least 8 weeks!

boat show Friday all being well

jsabine

Visit site
And I'll add my voice to the chorus of thanks as well - congenial company for my first cross-Channel jaunt, and a right good night on Saturday.

Thanks to bedouin as well for agreeing to let an unknown quantity hitch a ride - much appreciated.

J

BobE

Visit site
Is Nick left handed Maladroit and Sinister ??..
Seriously tho' we three on Allegretto enjoyed the "do" as ever ... I think this one was the best yet... mebbe cause I was able to stand up at the end....
Was a bit worried that the run would be blocked by a Rossiter Pintail which got it wrong when we were waiting for enough water to get in...But they dragged her away B4 hw when we bumped our way in .... Could we do it on a Springs weekend next year??

Well done everyone and thanks for looking after an old buffer!!!

Cheers Bob E...

Fergus

Visit site
Well done to Cutter and Tome - many thanks for organising! Really good weekend if a little intense on the sailing side with just 3 on board of which 2 newbies