Colvic Northerner Sails

Bobobolinsky

Visit site
Dunno no name included been on the hard for 18 years, now coming home to Lincolnshire, presently at Stanstead Abbots marina on the Lee. Moving next week to Great Ouse and then to Ferriby

bf494.co.uk
was wondering wether it was 'troutbridge'

was stood on the hard for years near thorne last time I heard. was one of a very few notherners that were built to sail. One of the first jobs I had when leaving school was in a boat yard on the trent where they built northerners incl gaff rigged variants. so it might well have been on I built. well, I say built, more made tea, swept up and did all the horrid or awkward jobs no-one else wanted - happy days!

Bobobolinsky

Visit site
Are you a Local Yokel aswell. What year were you at the basin?
Troutbridge seems to have dropped off the radar. I always wanted the The Mucky Duck, but it burnt out in the basin

bf494.co.uk
Are you a Local Yokel aswell. What year were you at the basin?
Troutbridge seems to have dropped off the radar. I always wanted the The Mucky Duck, but it burnt out in the basin

not really, lived in stockwith for a fair number of years and then made good my escape! was around there from the very early 80's (least I think it was then.... just did the maths and realised that was 30 years ago, which is scary)

some family still down there

didn'y know that about troutbridge. saw it sat there for years, then it wasn't. next I saw it was maybe 6 years ish (vaguely!)ago for sale on t'interweb. was on the hard at the marina in thorne

Colvin

Visit site
was wondering wether it was 'troutbridge'

was stood on the hard for years near thorne last time I heard. was one of a very few notherners that were built to sail. One of the first jobs I had when leaving school was in a boat yard on the trent where they built northerners incl gaff rigged variants. so it might well have been on I built. well, I say built, more made tea, swept up and did all the horrid or awkward jobs no-one else wanted - happy days!

Hello
Given the age of your post, you probably won't see this. I became the proud owner of Troutbridge in Spring 2016. She is going strong and is moored at Tayvallich, Argyll. She is still rigged for sailing but her short mast makes her look quite odd under sail. I'm thinking of rigging her for a gaff so was really pleased to see your post which tells me that its not quite such a daft idea. All the best.