Code 0 Genneker

matt1

Visit site
I'm excited to be trying out my new furling Gzero genneker from North Sails within the next few weeks. I have an attachment on the end of the bow roller, so well fwd of the forestay, and the furler has a continuous furling line which will come back to around the shrouds. I'm assuming I put a snatch block on that with some shock-cord to keep it tensioned?

Any handling tips? With a self tacking jib, should I leave that out, unfurl the genneker, then furl away the jib...or?

Best point of sail for unfurling and furling? I'm assuming bear away beforehand?

Thx

temptress

gbr195t.com
I'm excited to be trying out my new furling Gzero genneker from North Sails within the next few weeks. I have an attachment on the end of the bow roller, so well fwd of the forestay, and the furler has a continuous furling line which will come back to around the shrouds. I'm assuming I put a snatch block on that with some shock-cord to keep it tensioned?

Any handling tips? With a self tacking jib, should I leave that out, unfurl the genneker, then furl away the jib...or?

Best point of sail for unfurling and furling? I'm assuming bear away beforehand?

Thx
North have a great video covering this. Google and enjoy.

PeterR

Visit site

Thx
You can furl your jib before or after hoisting the gennaker but personnally I furl the jib away first as its easier to sort the gennaker out that way. The best point of sailing for hoisting depends on the wind speed but in general having the wind on the beam is easiest for setting the sail. To furl the sail it is definitely easier to bear away a bit. If you get caught out by a gust it becomes essential to bear away a lot. Beware being caught out close to a lee shore or else you may not be able to bear away enough to furl it at all. I have exactly the same sail. You may find my video of interest.