Cobwebs.

capnsensible

www.herculessailing.com
Old sailors expression for first time out after a period alongside. Specifically submarines.

So cobweb day tomorrow. First sail of the year......rain delayed, but hey. First sail on my friends new to him boat. Alpa 9.5 an older German make. Kinda Contessa style, looks robust.

He is excited as a kid in a sweet factory. We have completed the fast cruise, tied up but checked everything works.....or what doesn't. Engine has had an alongside Italian decoke. Sails spread or hoisted. Reefs in and out.

Must admit I'm getting up for it too. Wonder what will break. ??

Nice to be heading out for a local tootle around, back in time for tea and stickies. ?

johnalison

Visit site
I always get the jitters before my first sail of the year, even though I have been sailing for nearly seventy years and owned our current boat for twenty. Yes, I sometimes forget this or that, and might be found trying to hoist a main that is still tied to the boom, but so far nothing dreadful has happened. Yet.

capnsensible

www.herculessailing.com
I always get the jitters before my first sail of the year, even though I have been sailing for nearly seventy years and owned our current boat for twenty. Yes, I sometimes forget this or that, and might be found trying to hoist a main that is still tied to the boom, but so far nothing dreadful has happened. Yet.
Despite al the years of doing it for a living, that little bit of stage fright always helps to give an edge!

capnsensible

www.herculessailing.com
Give me a shout if here mate!
For sure!

Weather certainly cheered up here. Bit gusty around some clouds but no rain and a good bit of sunshine. One reef in main and most of headsail. What an excellent yacht. Long keel but easy to Manouver.

Breaky thing.......inevitable there would be something. Just as we got into the dock coming back in, exhaust silencer split. Lots of manky water in bilge, but could have happened in a much worse place.

Loadsa international dinghy classes plus attendant ribs buzzing around. These are serious dudes. And today, dozens of foiling kite surfers arrived. Dazzling!

arc1

Visit site
Old sailors expression for first time out after a period alongside. Specifically submarines.

So cobweb day tomorrow. First sail of the year......rain delayed, but hey. First sail on my friends new to him boat. Alpa 9.5 an older German make. Kinda Contessa style, looks robust.

He is excited as a kid in a sweet factory. We have completed the fast cruise, tied up but checked everything works.....or what doesn't. Engine has had an alongside Italian decoke. Sails spread or hoisted. Reefs in and out.

Must admit I'm getting up for it too. Wonder what will break. ??

Nice to be heading out for a local tootle around, back in time for tea and stickies. ?
Tried explaining concept of Fast Cruise to my wife and apparently it's something she expects me to have sorted before she steps onboard (like all good CO's). May suggest a spell of watchbill proving before we're eventually allowed back out and see how that goes.
Jealous of the sailing!

capnsensible

www.herculessailing.com
Enjoy, sounds like a great trip. We can't even leave the house here, unless it's essential ?
We are going into level three tomorrow so no inter island travel for fun. Was kinda expecting it. Did a passage planning session with the lads yesterday and emailed the likely marinas. All good. Except now it isn't.

Anyway that's the way the mop flops. Can still sail locally so just delay the cruise for a few weeks. The other islands will still be there.