Cobra

sarabande

Visit site
A former national emergency planning officer writes...

No, there are a number of rooms under Whitehall, known by the suffices, A, B, C, etc. Plus all departments have their own crisis control rooms. Plus Northwood.

sarabande

Visit site
There's an alphabet soup, with 24 letters available. No I or O bcs it causes confusion to Ministers and Spads who cannot tell the difference between letters and numbers. All run by the Civil Contingencies Secretariat who are a wonderful bunch of dedicated professionals with a huge amount of experience of as range of problems from Covid, through BSE, to Chemical Contamination.

Cobra

Visit site
All run by the Civil Contingencies Secretariat who are a wonderful bunch of dedicated professionals with a huge amount of experience of as range of problems from Covid, through BSE, to Chemical Contamination.

Who are then of course totally ignored by the politicians who they serve!

Tomahawk

Visit site
You are a cynic!
...and I can only agree with you sir!

Even about a new marina?
BTW, did you see the mess they made of Cindery Island when swinging the Dancia Hav last Monday . It almost went south. They moved the ship from the western end of the wharf to the eastern corner with a bow line on the corner of the wharf to swing the bow into the sea bed owned by the adjacent land owner. The looks like they let go of the bow line too soon before the stern had swung far enough round. She reversed fast into the north bank of the island and was then stuck. The wind and tide were too strong for the bow thruster and because the stern was fast aground and not able to swing towards deep water the bow started to swing upstream towards the fuel berth and pontoons. They only managed to complete the swing because the harbour used Dracula as a tug. ... AFAIAA Dracula is not coded for towing. If a manoeuvre can get that close to going seriously out of control, I think it is only a matter of time before the town becomes famous for all the wrong reasons.