Closing uk marinas

moresparks

Visit site
OK .. so it looks like mixed messages here?
My understanding from the last Government Statement on Sunday night was for EVERYONE to stop travelling unless it was essential.
This means no travelling to second homes, camp sites, caravan parks or similar, whether for isolation purposes or holidays".
Basically means I cannot get in my car on my own, boot filled with tools etc, to undertake routine maintenance on my boat at the yard. Bearing in mind I will not come into contact with anyone or at least be 10 metres apart.
????

BruceK

Visit site
The message is no longer mixed. Social distancing doesn't work when people are complete idiots so the message now is stay at home.

Blue Sunray

Visit site
I would have.
Life must go on.
Isolate the vulnerable properly. Not try to isolate everyone to protect the vulnerable badly.

This sort of moronic/ignorant/selfish attitude is why it is beginning to look very much look like 20,000 members of the Armed Forces will have to put themselves at risk walking the streets to ensure that what has to date been pretty simple advice is actually followed. Do not make unnecessary journeys.

Elessar

Visit site
This sort of moronic/ignorant/selfish attitude is why it is beginning to look very much look like 20,000 members of the Armed Forces will have to put themselves at risk walking the streets to ensure that what has to date been pretty simple advice is actually followed. Do not make unnecessary journeys.
Actually what we have to do is effectively isolate the vulnerable. How can a journey on my own in my car or on my bike be a risk to anyone?
I’ve have to come by train today but I have been careful to keep distances.

penberth3

Visit site
Actually what we have to do is effectively isolate the vulnerable. How can a journey on my own in my car or on my bike be a risk to anyone?.....

It isn't, but you'll be getting out of the car, in and out of premises? Vulnerable people still need deliveries of food etc., complete isolation isn't possible.

PDF

Visit site
Actually what we have to do is effectively isolate the vulnerable. How can a journey on my own in my car or on my bike be a risk to anyone?
I’ve have to come by train today but I have been careful to keep distances.

What happens when you crash/ break down in your own car, using up the valuable time of the emergency services that are already being stretched.

Elessar

Visit site
It isn't, but you'll be getting out of the car, in and out of premises? Vulnerable people still need deliveries of food etc., complete isolation isn't possible.
Yes - out of car to my boat for example. No harm.

The vulnerable MUST completely isolate. Of course it is possible.

My mum has a damaged lung. We deliver food to her porch and she wipes the packages before taking them in. Then we go for a walk with her in the park maintaining distances. We would not go in her house or get in a car. with her.

Sensible precautions not kneejerk reactions.

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
Honestly I can’t believe you don’t understand what I just said. Isolate the vulnerable properly.
If she is in the high risk group you either don’t come into contact with her or don’t go out and get food.
You can’t rely on the outside world being sterile and I’m afraid you are being the weakest link by going out.
The country doesn't have the capacity to deliver food to the 1.5million people that are in high risk groups.

Elessar

Visit site
The country doesn't have the capacity to deliver food to the 1.5million people that are in high risk groups.
Developing that capacity is the only way to keep them safe. Not stopping people going to the beach.
Most of the 1.5m will have someone who can deliver for them. We only need the capacity for the rest.

Blue Sunray

Visit site
Developing that capacity is the only way to keep them safe. Not stopping people going to the beach.
Most of the 1.5m will have someone who can deliver for them. We only need the capacity for the rest.

I do hope that the Op Broadreach guys and girls will be armed as it seems this may be the only way to get through to some people..