Classic yacht. Help with I.D and information please.

TreeMan24

Visit site
Hi all, so my local boatyard has a "mystery" classic that I just can't identify. I've scoured the internet and just by chance found something that looks identical (please see photos.)
The advert I found says that's the builder was William Wilds & Son, however there is no information whatsoever on this builder anywhere on the internet, and I cannot find any other examples of this type of boat.
The pictures I have taken I can't upload to this thread I'm afraid, but she looks exactly like the one below except she's been left to rot. And she was built in the 60s.
I'm really curious, please help ?Screenshot_20201117_212155_com.android.chrome.jpg

dombuckley

Visit site
Not a Top Hat, as they were cold-moulded rather than carvel built.

Is there a number with the registered tonnage? With that, I might be able to track her down in an old Lloyd's List.

TreeMan24

Visit site
Not a Top Hat, as they were cold-moulded rather than carvel built.

Is there a number with the registered tonnage? With that, I might be able to track her down in an old Lloyd's List.
There is but I didn't think to make note of them, I will get them for you next time I'm there. But that would be great if you could do that thank you.

dombuckley

Visit site
I can't find any mention of William Wilds as a boatbuilder or designer (there was Frank Wilds, who designed many Broads motorcuisers). Given how accurate broker's details can be, I wonder if someone misheard "William Wyatts", which was a boatyard in West Mersea back in the 60s.

Euphonyx

Visit site
Thanks Peter, a very similar design but the keel layout looks slightly different to the one I've seen. Do you know anything about William Wilds designer/builder?
Again thanks for the info I'll do more reading up, thank you!
yours looks like it's plank on frame not Cold molded