Clarisse Crémer suffers sexist rules that stop her being a Vendée Globe skipper

Concerto

Visit site
Clarisse Crémer has been dropped by her sponsor Banque Populaire, which means she cannot repeat being a skipper Vendée Globe for the next race.

And now, a blame game is taking place on social media as both organisations, the bank and the race officials, feel the fury of their publics — not least because this is 2023 and Crémer has been dropped because . . . she had a baby.

Rules prohibit women from motherhood >> Scuttlebutt Sailing News (sailingscuttlebutt.com)
'I am in shock': Vendée Globe skipper dropped by sponsor after having baby - Marine Industry News

Rum_Pirate

Visit site
No humour intended. Just an observation, a suggestion and also wondering how the sponsor and organizers would deal with it. Seems that ’certain minorities’ get preferential treatment so in doing so it would solve the situation.

interesting when one takes a position that someone does not agree with one is instantly and conveniently branded and accused of sexism and transphobia by that individual.
One only has to observe the recent accusations of a certain northern politician.

PS BTW what happened to be allowed to have a personal opinion?

jordanbasset

Visit site
@Rum_Pirate

Because what you said was stupid and irrelevant, it would of made no difference
The rule means that women who have
had a recent pregnancy have difficulty meeting the criteria so it makes it more difficult, if not impossible, to compete
Nothing to do with a woman wanting to be a man or vice versa

Last edited:

Rum_Pirate

Visit site
Yes, good idea for folks to go there to review the issue, before the ill informed and hobby horse riders really get warmed up.

I best to head on over to Clarisse Cremer.

Especially since I did make a PM contact a certain individual on the thread to ask what I had written to upset him and potentially apologise and discovered that that individual disagrees intensely and is basically totally intolerant on what I have posted in this thread.
Seemed to infer that if one does not comply with his view then one should not post on this forum, in that if he wanted to listen to that crap he would go on the Britain First site or one of the other far right websites that bang on about trans and other so called woke issues. BTW I have never been to them apparently unlike my fellow forumite.
PM ended to the extent of requesting that I do not contact him again. Ah bless. 🤗 Naturally, I won't contact him again, which won't be a great loss to me either.

PS Unfortunately putting someone on ignore does not hide one's post's from them. Perhaps if I what I post is so objectionable it might be best for his blood pressure that he put me on 'ignore'.
It is not compulsory to read my posts.

Perhaps it is my imagination or is it that some people are deliberately overly thin skinned and deliberately go out to find objectionable items and be fair affronted where none exists. 🤔

Oh well, as the saying goes, there's now't so queer as folk.

Last edited:

Hermit

Visit site
Difficult for bank.
Very surprised that away for about 3 months from very young child.

But OK if the person being away was the child's father?

Not difficult for Banque - simply have the moral backbone to stand up to the rules set by the Vendee Globe team and, if necessary, boycott the race. I am in no doubt that the weight of public opinion would then be supportive of Banque Populaire.

Greemble

www.lowestoftcruisingclub.co.uk
Please allow me to help with your confusion
Seems that ’certain minorities’ get preferential treatment...

...branded and accused of sexism and transphobia
Do you seriously not understand how the the second statement might be a logical conclusion from the first?

PS BTW what happened to be allowed to have a personal opinion?
I really hate to have to tell you, but you have already stated your personal opinion in this thread, twice, and no-one actually stopped you from doing so.

What you don't have is the 'right' to have your opinion go completely unchallenged in an open forum.

I would, respectably, suggest that perhaps you stop being so overly thin-skinned and complaining about how other people might want equal (not 'preferential', regardless of your opinion) treatment and the fact that you have been told that it's really not polite to suggest other people are somehow lessor beings due to their lifestyle. Especially when their choices (if they have an actual choice) has no effect on yourself.
'Political correctness' used to be known as 'showing respect for others'. Is that such a bad thing?

doris

Visit site
I have to say the fair Clarisse does seem to have been very harshly treated. I enjoyed some of Banque Poppy's hospitality last summer, maybe to be avoided this year.