Cherbourg September

Saddletramp

Visit site
Any Jesters planning on joining the Scuttlebutt Cherbourg Challenge? May be a good opportunity to get together on the water. See below copied from the forum.

For those that have missed the Date mentioned in previous threads.

The Scuttlebutt Cruise Dinner will be at the YC at Cherbourg on Saturday 22nd September.

Dinner is planned for 20.30 - French Time - if your planning your timetable from UK!! with pre-dinner drinks at 19.30.

A number intend to go to St Vaast for Friday night and sail round to Cherbourg on Saturday morning.

A number that are excused duties/work on the Monday intend to call in at Yarmouth on the way back for Sunday night.

Jake

N/A
www.jkcartoons.co.uk
Hi Mac77

Thanks for the info. Sounds like it might be a good bash. Trying to get Pod launched as soon as possible, but am being delayed by this awful weather. Nothing like a deadline to focus efforts, and still have my 500 miles to get in.

Centaurpipedream has also been wondering if any Jesters would like to meet up at SIBS.

I'm hoping that as the deadline for the Jester Azores gets closer, we'll be able to arrange a few local meets for potential Jesters to compare notes and boats, and I'm also hoping to get some footage of various boats/skippers for a documentary (see earlier posts).

Thanks again for letting us know. Lets hope we have good weather around that time, so it's a well-attended event.

Cheers

Jake

Saddletramp

Visit site
Jake
I am trying to get my engine back together in time. As you say it is good to have a deadline. I am sure we will get a few Jesters along there are quite a few on the south coast I think. May even get some crewing. Looking forward to meeting people at SIBS.