Cherbourg Scuttlebutt Cruise

chubby

www.flickr.com
cherbourg 2010

Dabchick with 1, crew tba? , I have a long weekend off , thurs to tues, so would be up for St Vaast on friday then Cherbourg, or Alderney if wind and tides suited, Chubby

chubby

www.flickr.com
St vaast on friday?

Tides look good: the St V lock hours are on the internet, on the fri open 1636-2105 so good for entering in time for a run ashore, on the sat HW at 0805 and lock open till 1016 so good for a morning depature and the west going ebb round to Cherbourg. Times french local I assume.

bedouin

Visit site
Tides look good: the St V lock hours are on the internet, on the fri open 1636-2105 so good for entering in time for a run ashore, on the sat HW at 0805 and lock open till 1016 so good for a morning depature and the west going ebb round to Cherbourg. Times french local I assume.
That seems to be the first time for ages that the tides have favoured the St Vaast stop (rather odd as we usually seem to aim for neaps).

If I have a strong enough crew I will try leaving a little after midnight on Friday, aiming to get to St Vaast about 1700. Otherwise leave a few hours later and head straight to Cherbourg. Departure this year from Chichester Marina

fireball

Visit site
We shall be leaving early hours of Friday morning - prob around 0430 - heading direct for Cherbourg - sounds like there will be a few of us going direct ... :)

DJE

www.casl.uk.com
We will leave from the eastern solent on thursday for St V weather permitting

We will be leaving from about 300 yards downstream of you! Timing to be decided but we intend to stretch the weekend out to more like a week weather permitting and might go and bother Galadriel in St. Vaast a few days early.

Sailfree

Visit site
Potential Runners

I have asked Dan to set up a thread for 2010 under Forum Events. Once set up I will post a summary of the arrangements.

Those that have expressed an interest so far:-

Sailfree - Janes Buoy - 7
Fergus- Never Look Back- 6
Galadriel- 3
Pinnacle - 4
Lady in Bed - 1
Whitelighter - 4
Krew - 2
Fireball - 3
DJE - 3
Reddragon2 - 1
tt65 - 1
Jimi - threatening to come - ?
mirror image -Saddletramp -2
monniotC - Spray - 2
dulcinbella - Amoret - 3
bedouine - -?
moody Nick - - ?
Flapjack - Flapjack - 3?
Chubby - Debchick - 2

Potentially 55 people.

Please let me know of any errors and update in numbers. Leave it another week and I will start the usual excel spreadsheet and distribute it only to attendees personal e mail addresses. Let me know if you don't want any of your details distributed - remember I have e mail addresses and mobile nos from previous years already but please advise me of any changes.

Saga Moment - can anyone remember if I asked for preferred menu choices to advise YC of approx numbers before the event last year (in addition to Veggies!)

Sailfree

Visit site
I have requested Dan to do a Cherbourg 2010 listing under member events but it has not happened yet so he must be away.

Now about this global warming I think..............................................