Cherbourg Scuttlebutt Cruise

Sailfree

Visit site
The Scuttlebutt Cherbourg run will take place on 18th /19th of September (Neap tides).

Evening meal will be at the Cherbourg Yacht Club @35Euro for Formule du Capitaine Menu

This consists of following choices

1 Kir aperitif

2 Smoked ham and hot goat's cheese or Crab & avocado

3 Grilled Salmon with mushroom sauce or confit of duck with red berry sauce

4 Cheese platter (3 Normandy cheeses) with green salad

5 Chocolate pud with custard or pear tart with vanilla ice cream

6 Coffee

One third of a bottle of house red or white wine per person
Vegetarians must notify in advance so we can plan numbers

The YC will be instructed that all additional drinks will be paid for upon receipt.

Weather permitting we will have a boat/pontoon gathering on Janes Buoy for drinks (additional contributions appreciated) and nibbles. Weather not permitting we will nominate a bar for an afternoon meet.

We encourage the wearing of labels so you can easily be recognised for the abusive posts you may have made over the past year.

A berthing discount will be available at Cherbourg.

A number of us go to St Vaast for the Friday night and once I have an indication of numbers I will approach St Vaast for a discount. Alderney has also been suggested. I will add any predestinations to the spreadsheet.

A deposit is not required.

Please indicate if you are interested and I will start a list of starters & runners. YC can easily take about 80 past attendance has nbeen circa 50 to 65 in recent years.

Please let me know if you are interested in attending with boat name and number of crew. Later I will request you PM me your mobile contact numbers and e mail address to put on a spreadsheet that I will e mail everyone.

Nearer the time I will request menu choices (not yet as you may have some crew changes).

To be helpful to those that may not be so experienced X channel and would be more comfortable travelling in company I will add approx departure time/date/port - again nearer the time. Its every captains responsibility to judge the weather and decide that it is safe for their boat/crews cabability to attend.

Once the thread gets going I will request it is transferred to Forum Events.

We will also add a thread for spare berths available and requests.

I think that covers everything but any questions please ask.

Fergus has booked the YC so its now up to us to fill it!

Once the participants are known I will be seeking nominations for someone to do a brief after dinner speech.

Sailfree

Visit site
Starters & Runners

So far

Sailfree - 6
Fergus- ?
Galadriel- 3
Pinnacle - 4
Lady in Bed - 1
Whitelighter - 3

Total 17 + (day 1)

I have started the spreadsheet based on the 2008 one. If anyone has a 2009 spreadsheet in their archives and my personal e mail address can you send it back then I can cut and paste the personal details as people commit.

If you have changed your boat/ boat name/ e mail address/ mobile phone/home phone in the last 2 years can you PM me the new details please.

Nearer the time I will ask departure time/port and destination and Menu selection to add to the spreadsheet.

I only give an abridged list of names and boat names to Cherbourg Marina so that you are eligible for the discount berthing.

If you dont want me to circulate your details to other participants just let me know. For the rest of us I send out an Excel spread sheet with all info only to your personal e mail addresses so that you can make contact with each other and if you wish sail in company with others.

Sailfree

Visit site
Runners & Starters

So far Day 2 update to keep thread near the top

Sailfree - 6
Fergus- ?
Galadriel- 3
Pinnacle - 4
Lady in Bed - 1
Whitelighter - 4
Krew - 2
Fireball - 3
DJE - 3

Total 26 - day 2

Thanks for spreedsheet Fireball just cutting & Pasting personal details from 2008 & 2009.

Total 17 + (day 1)

Tintin

Visit site
I'm a possible from Falmouth - currently solo so if anyone fancies sharing the delights in a Lesiure 27 let me know,

Sailfree

Visit site
Cherbourg Scurttlebutt Nos

So far Day 3 update to keep thread near the top

Sailfree - 6
Fergus- 4?
Galadriel- 3
Pinnacle - 4
Lady in Bed - 1
Whitelighter - 4
Krew - 2
Fireball - 3
DJE - 3
Reddragon2 - 1
tt65 - 1

Total 32 - day 3

Anyone else plse let me know - I am sure a number are currently on holiday - out sailing - so will try to keep thread near the top for next week.

I will then ask Dan to transfer it to Members Forum Event and just post updated on the main Scuttlebutt forum for those who may have missed this original thread

jimi

Visit site
I might come, but I probably won't depends if I can talk Para and JHR into going East instead of west ;-) But if we come we'll just lurk around looking hungry and thirsty .. maybe go for a game of darts , moule frites and then try stability tests on various boats

Last edited: